Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Pilot circuit Flo-Commander

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 12:30 PM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
Pilot circuit Flo-Commander

So, I installed a Flo-Commander on the pilot circuit of my carbs (already have one for the main circuit). Did this for two reasons: to try it (like the way the unit works on the main circuit) and secondly as my pilot circuit has been rich ever since I installed my (homemade) X-Wing. So, 30 or so minutes later, it was in and I just got back from a ride. I was able to lean out the low-end (hard to believe, but it was rich with 40 pilots and fuel screws out 1/8F and 1/4R). By turning the adjustment screw CCW, I finally got it perfect and the bike picks up cleanly from any rpm and response is now immediate regardless of speed or gear. I can't really imagine it being better than this, but I guess I'll have to reserve judgement until I try the Factory Pro set-up with HDJ needle jet.......

cheers
Old 10-17-2014, 01:07 PM
SuperSport

NZSpokes is on a distinguished road
Got pics of the x wing please?
Old 10-17-2014, 01:13 PM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
will get some at some point, they are stuffed away inside the airbox at the moment. I gave my original X-Wings to my bud Jack Flash and am now running a new design, an H wing (essentially creating three separate venturies instead of 2).... best part is both design work like a charm...... most noticeable aspects are that you barely have to open the throttle to get meaningful acceleration and secondly, when you encounter a decent-size hill to climb, you barely have to feed in more throttle to keep your speed (engine is noticeably more powerful/torquey at part-throttle). Also, when putting though some small back-country towns at low-speed (with engine revving about 2500 rpm), I no longer have to downshift for hills, bike just climbs without straining.... pretty neat..... best part, is no downsides that I can tell.......
Old 10-17-2014, 01:18 PM
SuperSport

NZSpokes is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mikstr
will get some at some point, they are stuffed away inside the airbox at the moment. I gave my original X-Wings to my bud Jack Flash and am now running a new design, an H wing (essentially creating three separate venturies instead of 2).... best part is both design work like a charm...... most noticeable aspects are that you barely have to open the throttle to get meaningful acceleration and secondly, when you encounter a decent-size hill to climb, you barely have to feed in more throttle to keep your speed (engine is noticeably more powerful/torquey at part-throttle). Also, when putting though some small back-country towns at low-speed (with engine revving about 2500 rpm), I no longer have to downshift for hills, bike just climbs without straining.... pretty neat..... best part, is no downsides that I can tell.......
Thats what interested me as I commute and ride at those speeds for over an hour a day.