Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Mechanical fun today

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 08:10 PM
SuperSport
SuperSport

gboezio is on a distinguished road
Mechanical fun today

I just wrote this to thanks this forum and all their members for the good info regarding our great bike, since I had to put my inductions projects on the shelf for an extra year at least, I decided to go ahead to rip and mod my carbs for the upcoming season. Happy riding everyone, be safe enough but not too much !!
Old 03-21-2007, 03:41 PM
SuperSport
SuperSport

My bike is back together, it fired right up, idled very good, lots of power in the midrange but some low RPM cruising jerking, seem to be lean down low, I guess I could pull back the needles a bit but since it was cold today, I will wait for hotter air since it may even things out. I used the 4th notch from the tip side. There is a big improvement from the TPS mod it cruise smoother.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:26 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Nope, down low like below 2500 rpm the mixture screws control the fuel metering. I think by the sound of it you're running lean as you say. Try 1.75-2.0 turns out on the screws. Unfortunately this means pulling carbs again unless you can get by your local Honda dealer and borrow theirs. It's a special tool - low profile and D-head.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:46 PM
SuperSport
SuperSport

Thanks for the tip, I'm gonna wait a little so I can try the main jets at WOT, nice weather is on the way for this week-end so I'll be out for a spin so if there's anything else I will have to do this only once. As stated on the dynojet kit, I took 2.5 turns out the mixture screw. It had fresh plugs and air filter(stock) as well. The denser air may account for the jerking, it happened randomly and only one cylinder quits when it does.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:40 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Oh, that's right. It's a DJ kit. Shouldn't change the mixture screw setting though. I really hope you're using the stock #45 pilot jets. Anything else with your mods will be too rich. That might just be what's happening. You're actually too rich and the plugs are fouled slightly. Check your plugs when you get back in there.