Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Lowering Rear Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 04:17 PM
Squid

markcalbar is on a distinguished road
Lowering Rear Suspension

Ok guys I know I have asked this before, but I am still having a hell of a time finding what I need. I lowered the front end of my Hawk anout 2 in., and it feels a lot more comfortable. But it would be awesome if I could lower the rear by at least an inch. Ive looked for lowering links but cant find anything for the Super Hawk. Does anyone know of one that can be cross referenced to fit or anything please help. Thanks!

-Mark
Old 11-30-2008, 09:52 AM
SuperBike

JamieDaugherty is on a distinguished road
The VTR has a unique parts in the rear suspension linkage, I doubt you'd get lucky enough to find ones from another bike that would work right. I've got a few spare parts laying around, maybe I'll check and see.

The easiest/best way would be to shorten the rear shock. I've done quite a few of these and it works pretty good. The biggest problem with the stock VTR shock is that you have to install a Schrader valve in the shock body to recharge it.

Another option would be to modify your stock linkage parts. Shoot me a PM if you are interested in hearing more about that as an option.