Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Jardine rt one

Old 10-18-2006, 06:19 PM
Superstock

HRCVTR1000 is on a distinguished road
Jardine rt one

Just installed the rt one high mounts . I thought they would be louder! Dont get me wrong they sound much better than the stockers. I went with the RT ones instead of the black round jardines thinking the bigger oval cans would sound a little deeper . Anybody out there had both versions ? What was your opinions ? By the way I forgot to mention these are the race baffle ones. Maybe after I get some miles on them I will like them better, Its foggy here tonight and only rode it about ten minutes after the install .
Old 10-19-2006, 07:22 AM
Superstock

Radiaoktiv is on a distinguished road
i thought the rounds were louder

though i havent owned both...i have the black rounds and they are pretty darn loud

i could stand it to be a little louder, but im sure my neighbors couldnt
Old 10-19-2006, 09:38 AM
Squid

andrewlc77 is on a distinguished road
i have rt-0ne aluminum ovals with race baffles.....(lol..no baffles)....i love them
Old 10-19-2006, 09:48 AM
Back Marker

Nanotech is on a distinguished road
Mine have the regular baffles and they are *almost* too loud for me. I would go deaf otherwise.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:01 AM
Squid

DBERN
Talking

mmmmm two bro's
Old 10-19-2006, 12:03 PM
Back Marker

3D02 is on a distinguished road
The Jardine catalog lists the RT-One in different can materials and race/street cores. Then they have the Superhawk listed once under "Honda Classic and Standards" listing hi-mount black canisters but not as being RT-One's. I have hi-mounts with black cans which are badged as being RT-One's. Interesting how they don't mention black cans specifically under RT section.
Also, Jardine sells an insert module (P/N 18-QMI2) used to quiet the RT-One down a few decibels. I know no one here would be interested in that.:-D
Old 10-19-2006, 02:51 PM
SuperBike

JamieDaugherty is on a distinguished road
I also have the RT-One set with the race baffle. At the time I bought them it was a special order item. I've not heard anything side of a Hardley that's louder. The street baffles are much quieter, as are the black round ones.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:05 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
I previously went from D&D's to the black powdercoat round Jardines and they were NOTICEABLY quieter. They were still pretty loud though...If you want loud D&D are about as loud as you'll get with off the shelf mufflers. Jardine midpipes will fit them fine too since D&D doesn't make highmounts. Or just take your mufflers off and sound like a stockcar and go deaf...
Old 10-19-2006, 04:38 PM
Superstock

I got to really ride it tonight since installing the rt 1s . I do like them ! I meant to say in the first post I thought they would sound deeper not just loud. thats why I opted for the rt 1s instead of the round black ones. After riding it tonight I am satisfied with the sound . I guess last night since it was so foggy and I wasnt able to go through the gears ( upshifting & downshifting) I didnt get to hear them good . I will say the install was super easy ( my 8 year old actually helped me) everything fit with no issues ( did not rejet )at all , and looks great! For the money I spent I am happy with them.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:14 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Yeah if you're buying new you really can't beat them for the money. They do fit very nicely, unlike some other more expensive ones by the way. They also look real nice too. The first superhawk I bought in '99 got them and I was surprised how loud they were. But I've since tried a bunch and two brothers are a little deeper and D&D's are a bit louder... After also sampling Devils and my current LeoVinci's the Jardine midpipes are a bit skinny. And while chrome looks real nice if you keep up with them I prefer stainless that I can polish and remove scratches from. But don't get me wrong they all have their pros and cons and the round Jardines are real nice and especially for the money.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:59 PM
Superstock

Truth is I really wanted two brothers high mounts. Started looking the minute I bought the bike 3 weeks ago. Couldnt find them ! I was told they dont make them anymore, I was hoping to find them at one of the many cycle accessory outlets . ( I kept hoping to hear we have one set left!) It didnt happen. If I happen to come across a nice used set of cf hi mounts I would probably buy them ( If I have the xtra $$ at that time)
Old 10-20-2006, 08:14 AM
Squid

ericbrinton
I went from D&D slip ons to the Black jardine high mounts.. needless to say my friends dont mind riding with me again b/c the d&d's were just gawd awful loud but I loved it. But the Jardines still have a pretty good rumble to them, you just cant hear me coming a mile away anymore
Old 10-20-2006, 11:40 AM
Squid

Mark RSA is on a distinguished road
Two In One as Opposed to Two into 1 into 2

Hi, Have had a two in one Stealth pipe fitted, after a CCT collapsed the VTR was re dyno'd from 118bhp up to 120bhp ran like ga! then redyno'd... a BMW 1150 GS fully loaded left me standing from 180km/h on the highway (felt like a duck!) back to Race Preparartions in Pretoria - these guys do Kawasaki racebikes and Aprilia race prep. Now the 3rd time fuelling redone, flat spot suddenly between 3 and 4000rpm 125bhp on back wheel. Runs upredictably - back fires at times into carb, misses, pongs like petrol. Did'nt even try the highway. Some else said valave timing may be out, and fuelling incorrect - at the last dyno the jets were changed to smaller - leaning it out. What do you think I should do? I try and ride my VTR (Super Hawk) every day now the tuner technician is ducking his stuff up!
Old 10-20-2006, 01:37 PM
Back Marker

Jake D is on a distinguished road
I have the Jardine black round hi-mounts. I thought they were RT-1's, and I think they say that on the badge (but who cares). IMO, they are loud as F#CK!
Old 10-20-2006, 02:41 PM
Superstock

Radiaoktiv is on a distinguished road
i have the black round high mounts also
they are badged rt-one
Old 10-20-2006, 04:39 PM
Back Marker

J.J. is on a distinguished road
^ yeah i got those same pipes, loud as sh*t... makes my buddy's Hardley Ableson sound like moped...