Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

GPR stablizer

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 07:27 PM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
GPR stablizer

So my latest mod, and final for some time is a GPR stabilizer.. Only one short ride with it on there, but so far I like it.

Here is a picture of it mounted:
Name:  IMG_7767.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  134.0 KB

I had to create my own system to mount it to the triple trees.

I like how the color matches the 954 forks.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:40 PM
Back Marker

NAVY8TR is on a distinguished road
nice look! what did you have to fabricate to make it work? i've been wanting to do a steering stabilizer for a while now. i've been stalking ebay for one that will mount right up... you'll have to keep us posted on how well it works after you get some more time on the bike.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:31 PM
SuperSport

yruyur is on a distinguished road
It was a pretty easy install, we used spacer nuts to the upper triple. Clean and it seems plenty strong. He took it for a test drive and came back into my driveway at an angle and the bars never turned on him. Pretty damn good $100 ebay find.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:05 PM
MotoGP

Yep, I drilled the triples and glued some nuts below the holes I drilled for the bolts that go through the spacer nuts.

I think if it had included a 954 mount it would have just worked with no fabbing. But I wasn't going to spend $150 for the mount from GPR on a $100 ebay buy. lol
Old 12-17-2010, 11:10 AM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
lazn or yuryur... What bike is the mount on the fuel tank bolts from? According to old threads it's CBR600 something, but RR or F4/F4i?

I have a V4 GPR damper but no mounting, and the GPR website doesn't list the VTR's...

I might just end up bolting it on, and making my own from alu-stock but I'm lazy... I'd say I can afford it, since I bought the damper for $6 plus about $18 in shipping & import taxes...

BTW it cost me another $11 total to confirm that the CBR 929/954 mount from Scotts doesn't work... Wrong spacing for the mount bolts...

Oh, and the kicker is, the damper was serviced by GPR three months ago...

Last edited by Tweety; 12-17-2010 at 11:32 AM.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:06 PM
MotoGP

Dang, nice buy Tweety.

I believe the mount is from a RR but it has been so long that ebay no longer lists it in my purchases.
The email for the auction says: "GPR stabilizer mount for cbr600r"

I think most of the honda tanks have the same tank bolt spacing and since I custom made the triple mount I could adjust the height to fit the mount I had.. The length of the arm is the only fixed distance since you need to center the part that rotates over the steering stem.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:19 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by lazn
Dang, nice buy Tweety.

I believe the mount is from a RR but it has been so long that ebay no longer lists it in my purchases.
The email for the auction says: "GPR stabilizer mount for cbr600r"

I think most of the honda tanks have the same tank bolt spacing and since I custom made the triple mount I could adjust the height to fit the mount I had.. The length of the arm is the only fixed distance since you need to center the part that rotates over the steering stem.
Yeah... I was quite happy with the price... Actually I just bid the lowest possible amount 3 day before the auction ended and forgot about it... I was a bit surprised to find myself the winner... A bit faded and scratched, but otherwise nice condition...

So then I started looking for mounting... And so far that hasn't worked out that nicely... Lol...

Oh well... Making a custom piece seems like my standard M.O. anyways, I guess I get to play with the mill...
Old 12-17-2010, 12:23 PM
MotoGP

Oh... BTW I might be able to use the tank mount I got with it, it's for a GSXR and totally different, but nothing a drillbit can't solve... Saves me from fiddling with the part that connects to the arm and hence needs to be smooth... I got the tank mount and no triple tree mount so I doubt I can sell it...
Old 12-17-2010, 10:21 PM
MotoGP

inderocker is an unknown quantity at this point
If I remember correctly, when I contacted GPR, the guy on the phone said he adapted an 03-04 CBR600RR kit to work on a VTR. I know that the 98-01 VFR has the same tank bolt spacing, but I don't think they offer a kit for that model.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:53 PM
Squid

Meierznutz is on a distinguished road
Forgive the newbie question, but are these bikes know for slappies?
Old 12-18-2010, 10:42 PM
MotoGP

inderocker is an unknown quantity at this point
Nope. Not in stock form....