Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Feeler for 320mm Braketech Rotor Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 05:12 PM
SuperSport

reaper is on a distinguished road
Feeler for 320mm Braketech Rotor Group Buy

I spoke to Jeff Gehrs @ Braketech earlier this week and he is willing to tool up and produce 320mm rotor package for the Superhawk forum members. Here is a link to the Braketech site for the proposed rotor design, the AXIS/Cobra SS rotor, AXIS/Cobra

Jeff is offering the rotors, brackets and hardware for $679.90, plus shipping. To make this happen, Jeff needs a minimum of 12 confirmed orders. Once the orders are in hand, Jeff figures 60 days to produce and have ready to ship.

If members would like to include a set of Ferodo brake pads or radial MC, Jeff will discount those 20% and 10% respectively, off MSRP. If you do order pads and/or radial MC, Braketech will pay the shipping cost to ship the entire order to you.

This conversation came about when I contacted him for caliper relocation brackets, so I am good with what I have, but I know a number of members have mentioned they would like to do this upgrade. I believe that EBC is no longer providing a rotor that will bolt-on the Superhawk, so here is an opportunity to buy into this production run.

Braketech is not planning to carry this as a stock item and will produce only one run of these rotors.

PM me if you are interested so we can keep the thread open for Q & A's.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:19 PM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
Nice initiative Patrick, good luck with it.

cheers
Old 05-25-2012, 05:54 PM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
This would be a good upgrade for those running a stock front end.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:36 PM
Superstock

maniac2313 is on a distinguished road
Im shocked no one has jumped on these... I want a set bad but I cant pull the trigger untill i sell my spare parts...
Old 05-27-2012, 04:47 PM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Don't want to sound like a party pooper but that's pretty close to what I paid for my inverted front end swap including 320mm rotors and radial mount calipers.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:37 AM
SuperSport

reaper is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by superhawk22
Don't want to sound like a party pooper but that's pretty close to what I paid for my inverted front end swap including 320mm rotors and radial mount calipers.
This would be option to doing a complete front-end swap.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:13 AM
Former Superchicken Owner
SuperBike

RWhisen is on a distinguished road
Since these are one offs, if you ever needed replacements you'd be out of luck wouldn't you?
Old 05-28-2012, 02:04 PM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RWhisen
Since these are one offs, if you ever needed replacements you'd be out of luck wouldn't you?
Good point..
but going back to a stock disk is as easy is removing the adapter. as well as wearing out front disks on a SH used in street duty is not something most will do.
Some will put those kind of miles on them, but most I see here and other forums do not.

Like everything else, I like the idea but have to wait to see if new Apex bars work out.. If so, then it's time to think about a new exhaust, tuning the forks some more and mabey some new brake rotors