Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

exhaust header options

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 06:04 AM
Superstock

maniac2313 is on a distinguished road
exhaust header options

Looking for an aftermarket header to go with my d&d low mounts... any info on what flows and fits best would be great! Also where to get one!
Old 09-19-2012, 06:50 AM
Superstock

Squid is on a distinguished road
Im going the custom route when I get home. If you do a search on here you will see arguments and valid points about the way Honda designed the exhaust / header system. I for one agree witht the guys who say that its built that way for a reason but can layout I am going for wont let me use the stock headder. Just as a ball park if you are interested going this route... Megs Exhaust
Old 09-19-2012, 09:28 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
If you find a header you need to make sure it follows the same outlet location as stock. For instance with a two brothers header you can use any slip ons, stock included. But others like Indigo & Akrapovic are dedicated full systems and can only be used together as the outlets from the header are in different places and you must use the midpipes that are part of the system. I know others who have done motor work will chime in and this has been discussed before but I don't know if you'll find much gains on a stock motor. As far as where to get a two brothers header you just have to be patient and search. I've bought 2 over the years-one off here and one off ebay (it was listed as stock hehe).

Last edited by captainchaos; 09-19-2012 at 09:31 AM.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:05 PM
Superstock

maniac2313 is on a distinguished road
Thanks guys... capt my engine is a stg 1 (hc pistons mori cams and valves port work and dr honda stacks) im not expecting big gains from the header but i do want to have one with better flow to get what I can... i dont want to make one if I dont have to but if I have to to keep the d&ds I will... i do have a 2 bros header from another hawk but its not in the best of shape and it seemed to hang low. It actually burned through the sharkskins lower the guy had on it... maybe I will just clean it up and see what I can do with it if there arent any other reasonable options...