Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

dirt bike suspension, specifically rear shock

Old 03-26-2010, 06:59 PM
Squid

Wheelerboy is on a distinguished road
dirt bike suspension, specifically rear shock

Ok so I am just finishing my superhawk street fighter project and reading threads on all kinds of stuff and am wondering if any one has thought about reworking the swingarm and frame mounts to accept say a yz rear shock and linkage. I have seen the thrEad on the forks from a yz being used and noticed that the rake was to relaxed and that the bike lacked ground clearance not to mention being completly unbalanced from a suspension point of view. All of this would be rectified with longer shock making a sort of BMW rt type of bike. Especialy with a underseat radiator. I say all this after just putting a rad in the tail of my street fighter and I have a cr500 motor in a 2004 yz 450 frame I did a few years ago. I also have a hAwk that I owe a set of forks so I am pretty serious