Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

airbox mod kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 07:56 AM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
airbox mod kit

http://www.unlimited-power.net/angla...teproduits.htm

http://www.unlimited-power.net/angla...heVTR1000F.htm

Your thoughts?
Old 02-13-2007, 02:18 PM
SuperBike

JamieDaugherty is on a distinguished road
I'd have to see something better than the graph on their website. It looks way too smooth to be a real curve. Plus it's too small. From what I've read (people much more experienced with airbox mods than I) I doubt this works like they claim. How would a hole saw attack on the lid be any different? You don't need a filter because the holes are upstream of the standard filter. It sounds to me like you could just cut a couple of holes in your lid and see what happens. If it doesn't work you could just tape over them. Again, I don't think it would help, but that's just my opinion.

I wonder if they also have a "came shaft" that is "kick and easy to install". Ha!
Old 02-13-2007, 03:50 PM
Back Marker

joshn569 is on a distinguished road
i wouldnt buy that
Old 02-14-2007, 05:35 PM
SuperSport

shayne is on a distinguished road
Well I have stuffed around with the airbox a bit and I am not sure of the results here. As there is no actual pic of the VTR installation, I assume the intakes are mounted in the lid the same as the other pic shown. This would place them underneath the foam on the underside of the fuel tank. This would seem to be not a good spot for them.

As for whether the concept would work or not, well maybe. Getting more air in is always good, however on the VTR when you do that you upset the operation of the vacuum slides, and you get a rough running engine under steady throttle. WOT is good though. I picked up 5hp with my mods, but not good on the street. Looked good on the dyno, and when you were on the gas. Cruising was not good though, so I went back to a more standrad set up.

I am considering a FCR conversion, so I f I do that I will go back to my modified set-up. The FCR should not have the issues of the OEM carbs.