Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

2 Bro's

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 11:03 AM
Superstock

MarineHawk is on a distinguished road
2 Bro's

So I got a pair of rattly 2 Bros from Anto here, tore them apart, fixed the baffles/repacked, cut them down about 2 inches and stuck 'em on.

Oh. My. God.

Why did I not toss on an aftermarket pair any sooner? These sound -awesome-. A little burbly, but I think the jet kit I'll install soon, and all the associated tinkering, will fix that right up...If I even want to. Being a fan of classic muscle, that burble just lights my face up

Now I just need some new rubber...
Attached Thumbnails 2 Bro's-2bros.jpg  
Old 02-23-2008, 11:14 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Yeah brother the sound is addicting...makes it a superhawk. These have to be one of the best sounding vehicles around once you put an exhaust on it.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:16 AM
Squid

Igmortis is on a distinguished road
I have 2bros slip on as well and I love em.....The cops don't seem to like them too much though! Be careful how you pull away from stoplights......especially if the law is beside ya! TRUST ME!! It doesn't take much throttle at all to get ya pulled over....be polite and ya probably won't get a ticket!! I didn't, but was a little worried there for a minute or two.....stressed out cop I think!
Old 02-23-2008, 11:21 AM
Superstock

Originally Posted by Igmortis
I have 2bros slip on as well and I love em.....The cops don't seem to like them too much though! Be careful how you pull away from stoplights......especially if the law is beside ya! TRUST ME!! It doesn't take much throttle at all to get ya pulled over....be polite and ya probably won't get a ticket!! I didn't, but was a little worried there for a minute or two.....stressed out cop I think!
Oh yeah, I've had that problem even with the stock cans.

As much as I love your signature, I'm thinking Gomer would be offended. He was, after all, a Marine, and you've got Kerry compared to him. Bastard.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:03 PM
Superstock

Jim TT
I am another one with Two Bros - I swear my bike shifts better with them.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:52 PM
SuperBike

skokievtr is on a distinguished road
I've had by aluminum oval 2Bros for about 8 years. I drilled out the rivets retaining the 2Bros badge, filled the holes with pop-rivets and flipped mounted them left/right so they look OEM. Years later I got tired of polishing them so I had the cans clear hard anodized and clear hi-temp epoxy coated the inlets & outlets. Along with the stainless steel wool wrap over the core, I used ceramic refractory type packing that does not burn up or clog up like regular type fiberglass muffler packing. They are a bit louder but lower toned.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:12 AM
Superstock

Ok, next question...I can understand the backfiring and burbliness of the new pipes, but when I'm in 1st gear and above 3500 rpms, I get this odd noise from the engine. It's a hissss-TICK and I just can't figure it out. It makes me think of the engine trying to turn over when you have the cut-off switch engaged, and I can feel the power disappear for that split second, but then it's right back to normal. Any ideas?
Old 02-24-2008, 10:31 AM
Superstock

redman is on a distinguished road
Yikes! I hope it's not a sticking valve! How many miles? Does it make the noise if you turn it over with kill switch on? Do it and listen carefully.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:32 AM
Superstock

At no other time does it do that, except in the circumstance I mentioned, and it only started after I changed the pipes over.

EDIT: Oh yeah, 6600 miles is all. I've babied my baby

Last edited by MarineHawk; 02-24-2008 at 11:14 AM.
Old 02-24-2008, 03:04 PM
The Hypno-Toad
Superstock
Superstock

Kendrick is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
At no other time does it do that, except in the circumstance I mentioned, and it only started after I changed the pipes over.

EDIT: Oh yeah, 6600 miles is all. I've babied my baby
Is it maybe a carb backfire? You probably could use a rejet with the pipes anyway. When I bought mine it wasn't set up right and I got all kinds of carb backfires from 3k to 4k. Just a guess...
Old 02-24-2008, 05:06 PM
Superstock

Hmm...That could be it, especially given that the 3k-4k range is exactly where it happens on mine. Good thing I had the rejet planned, but is it potentially harmful to the bike or will riding around a bit before I get that done be ok? Obviously not 500 mile rides, but commuting and maybe a 100 mile jaunt once before I take it in in two or three days....
Old 02-24-2008, 07:50 PM
Squid

PRTSMN is on a distinguished road
aftermarket cans

i would of bought 2 bros also. if they had high mount so instead i got jardine rt1 cans. definetly a better sound then what was on there.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:03 AM
The Hypno-Toad
Superstock
Superstock

Kendrick is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
Hmm...That could be it, especially given that the 3k-4k range is exactly where it happens on mine. Good thing I had the rejet planned, but is it potentially harmful to the bike or will riding around a bit before I get that done be ok? Obviously not 500 mile rides, but commuting and maybe a 100 mile jaunt once before I take it in in two or three days....
It can't be good for it, but I drove mine like that for probably about a month while I got it sorted. As long as I avoided steady throttle between 3-4K it was ok.
Old 02-25-2008, 03:14 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by PRTSMN
i would of bought 2 bros also. if they had high mount so instead i got jardine rt1 cans. definetly a better sound then what was on there.

Translated:

"I would have bought Two Brothers also if they had high mount. So instead, I got Jardine RT1 cans. They definitely have a better sound than what was on there."