SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Modifications - Performance (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/)
-   -   2 Bro's (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/2-bros-13875/)

MarineHawk 02-23-2008 11:03 AM

2 Bro's

1 Attachment(s)
So I got a pair of rattly 2 Bros from Anto here, tore them apart, fixed the baffles/repacked, cut them down about 2 inches and stuck 'em on.

Oh. My. God.

Why did I not toss on an aftermarket pair any sooner? These sound -awesome-. A little burbly, but I think the jet kit I'll install soon, and all the associated tinkering, will fix that right up...If I even want to. Being a fan of classic muscle, that burble just lights my face up :D

Now I just need some new rubber...

captainchaos 02-23-2008 11:14 AM

Yeah brother the sound is addicting...makes it a superhawk. These have to be one of the best sounding vehicles around once you put an exhaust on it.

Igmortis 02-23-2008 11:16 AM

I have 2bros slip on as well and I love em.....The cops don't seem to like them too much though! Be careful how you pull away from stoplights......especially if the law is beside ya! TRUST ME!! It doesn't take much throttle at all to get ya pulled over....be polite and ya probably won't get a ticket!! I didn't, but was a little worried there for a minute or two.....stressed out cop I think!

MarineHawk 02-23-2008 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Igmortis (Post 153155)
I have 2bros slip on as well and I love em.....The cops don't seem to like them too much though! Be careful how you pull away from stoplights......especially if the law is beside ya! TRUST ME!! It doesn't take much throttle at all to get ya pulled over....be polite and ya probably won't get a ticket!! I didn't, but was a little worried there for a minute or two.....stressed out cop I think!

Oh yeah, I've had that problem even with the stock cans. ;)

As much as I love your signature, I'm thinking Gomer would be offended. He was, after all, a Marine, and you've got Kerry compared to him. Bastard. ;)

Jim TT 02-23-2008 02:03 PM

I am another one with Two Bros - I swear my bike shifts better with them.

skokievtr 02-23-2008 02:52 PM

I've had by aluminum oval 2Bros for about 8 years. I drilled out the rivets retaining the 2Bros badge, filled the holes with pop-rivets and flipped mounted them left/right so they look OEM. Years later I got tired of polishing them so I had the cans clear hard anodized and clear hi-temp epoxy coated the inlets & outlets. Along with the stainless steel wool wrap over the core, I used ceramic refractory type packing that does not burn up or clog up like regular type fiberglass muffler packing. They are a bit louder but lower toned.

MarineHawk 02-24-2008 10:12 AM

Ok, next question...I can understand the backfiring and burbliness of the new pipes, but when I'm in 1st gear and above 3500 rpms, I get this odd noise from the engine. It's a hissss-TICK and I just can't figure it out. It makes me think of the engine trying to turn over when you have the cut-off switch engaged, and I can feel the power disappear for that split second, but then it's right back to normal. Any ideas?

redman 02-24-2008 10:31 AM

Yikes! I hope it's not a sticking valve! How many miles? Does it make the noise if you turn it over with kill switch on? Do it and listen carefully.

MarineHawk 02-24-2008 10:32 AM

At no other time does it do that, except in the circumstance I mentioned, and it only started after I changed the pipes over.

EDIT: Oh yeah, 6600 miles is all. I've babied my baby ;)

Kendrick 02-24-2008 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by MarineHawk (Post 153258)
At no other time does it do that, except in the circumstance I mentioned, and it only started after I changed the pipes over.

EDIT: Oh yeah, 6600 miles is all. I've babied my baby ;)

Is it maybe a carb backfire? You probably could use a rejet with the pipes anyway. When I bought mine it wasn't set up right and I got all kinds of carb backfires from 3k to 4k. Just a guess...

MarineHawk 02-24-2008 05:06 PM

Hmm...That could be it, especially given that the 3k-4k range is exactly where it happens on mine. Good thing I had the rejet planned, but is it potentially harmful to the bike or will riding around a bit before I get that done be ok? Obviously not 500 mile rides, but commuting and maybe a 100 mile jaunt once before I take it in in two or three days....

PRTSMN 02-24-2008 07:50 PM

aftermarket cans

i would of bought 2 bros also. if they had high mount so instead i got jardine rt1 cans. definetly a better sound then what was on there.

Kendrick 02-25-2008 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by MarineHawk (Post 153281)
Hmm...That could be it, especially given that the 3k-4k range is exactly where it happens on mine. Good thing I had the rejet planned, but is it potentially harmful to the bike or will riding around a bit before I get that done be ok? Obviously not 500 mile rides, but commuting and maybe a 100 mile jaunt once before I take it in in two or three days....

It can't be good for it, but I drove mine like that for probably about a month while I got it sorted. As long as I avoided steady throttle between 3-4K it was ok.

Hawkrider 02-25-2008 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by PRTSMN (Post 153305)
i would of bought 2 bros also. if they had high mount so instead i got jardine rt1 cans. definetly a better sound then what was on there.

Translated:

"I would have bought Two Brothers also if they had high mount. So instead, I got Jardine RT1 cans. They definitely have a better sound than what was on there."

:english: :mrgreen: