Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

WTB- Blue mototeck undertail, anyone know where i can get one?

Old 12-08-2008, 02:06 PM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

j shizzy wizzy is on a distinguished road
WTB- Blue mototeck undertail, anyone know where i can get one?

the title says it all! i can't find any blue ones on Ebay.....anyone know where i can get my hands on one? i'm pretty sure they went out of buisness.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:35 PM
Superstock

RoofCleanPhenom is an unknown quantity at this point
Order Online or Call 1-800-917-2453 to Order a Mototeck Undertail
I'm not sure if that helps at all, but that's what I found.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:38 PM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Well, they did go out of business (taking my money for an ordered item with them... ) So that's unlikely... Where? a link would be good...

The eBay ones are somebody that apparently bought their moulds and tools...
Old 12-08-2008, 03:45 PM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

Originally Posted by RoofCleanPhenom
Order Online or Call 1-800-917-2453 to Order a Mototeck Undertail
I'm not sure if that helps at all, but that's what I found.

Thanks, but I'm not going to pay $230 for one when i have seen them for less than $130. I too can use google.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:50 PM
SuperBike

drew_c14 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by j shizzy wizzy
Thanks, but I'm not going to pay $230 for one when i have seen them for less than $130. I too can use google.
Why are we talking in big letters?
Old 12-08-2008, 03:55 PM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

I don't know!
Old 12-08-2008, 03:57 PM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

ok, so far the best deal i've found is at rackinmotion.com they want like $120 for the undertail, but in primer only! dang!
Old 12-08-2008, 04:27 PM
Back Marker

chevy is on a distinguished road
YOU GUYS R CRAZY.............BID LETTERS HAHAH
Old 12-08-2008, 06:11 PM
SuperBike

drew_c14 is on a distinguished road
I got mine off of Ebay about 2 years ago. I'm not entirely sure if it Mototeck or a knock off, but it looked and fit awesome.

How's the riding in Colorado this time of year? I grew up in Aurora but haven't been back in over ten years.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:15 PM
Superstock

sumthin_major is on a distinguished road
Try this guy on ebay. I got mine from him. It took 6 weeks to get in. Just wet sand it with some 500 grit or finer sandpaper, clean and spray. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mini-...Q5fAccessories
Old 12-27-2008, 03:55 PM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

It's cold. We still have nice rideable days every now and then through the winter though. But its only good around the city for me, too much gravel in the front range and mountains this time of year. I can't wait for spring!!

Hey Major, do you have any pics to show me? I have an '03 blue hawk, but this guy on Ebay has only black left! dang! what does everyone think about putting a black mototeck on my blue hawk?? opinions please!
Old 12-27-2008, 08:04 PM
SuperSport

Stevebis1 is on a distinguished road
It's cold. We still have nice rideable days every now and then through the winter though. But its only good around the city for me, too much gravel in the front range and mountains this time of year. I can't wait for spring!!

Hey Major, do you have any pics to show me? I have an '03 blue hawk, but this guy on Ebay has only black left! dang! what does everyone think about putting a black mototeck on my blue hawk?? opinions please!
Go with rack in motion and get it painted. Black an a blue bike? It won't look right. These are glossy and match the OEM paint, black will look like the wrong color.
I got the yellow from them back in October. They listed two yellows, so I called them. The guy I spoke with (ownwer maybe?) didn't seem to know which yellow was original for my 99, so I took a chance. Got lucky. I think it looks great. I got the impression that there were only a limited number left, but hard to know for sure.
Don't think I would have paid $230 for it, I'm far too cheep. But for $130 shipped I think I got a great visual change -well worth the $$.
Old 12-28-2008, 12:56 AM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

i'm almost thinkin the black and blue would be kinda neat. esp. if i took the chin fairing and painted it black also? or maybe I'm trying to talk myself into something ugly! damn, i also have a hard time buying one for over 100 that i still have to paint!
Old 12-28-2008, 09:55 AM
SuperSport

i'm almost thinkin the black and blue would be kinda neat. esp. if i took the chin fairing and painted it black also? or maybe I'm trying to talk myself into something ugly! damn, i also have a hard time buying one for over 100 that i still have to paint!
$90 right now on ebay (+$21 Shipping)

You won't be disapointed. If you decide to paint it blue then, what, maybe another $40 for a professional job?
This is the first change I made to my bike - I spent a bit more, $130 and I still think it ranks with the highest bang for the buck you can get. Totally changes the look and brings it into the 21st century.
After you do it, then you will have to decide on a hugger. Black, Carbon, body color?? decisions decisions...
Attached Thumbnails WTB- Blue mototeck undertail, anyone know where i can get one?-0921081352s.jpg  

Last edited by Stevebis1; 12-28-2008 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Add picture
Old 12-28-2008, 02:34 PM
Superstock

sumthin_major is on a distinguished road
[ATTACH]WTB- Blue mototeck undertail, anyone know where i can get one?-superhawkoct08.jpg[/ATTACH]WTB- Blue mototeck undertail, anyone know where i can get one?-undertailinside.jpg It fits nice. You do have to trim alot of the factory undertray box out.
Attached Thumbnails WTB- Blue mototeck undertail, anyone know where i can get one?-rearend.jpg  

Last edited by sumthin_major; 12-28-2008 at 03:03 PM.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:49 PM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road

Actually I got mine in gloss black... I have a Italian red 97... And since I couldn't find that color and I already have a black CBR1000RR front fender and gloss black hugger I thought I'd atleast try it before painting it... And I decided to keep it that way... atleast for now...

Altough a black and red paint scheme is a bit more of a classic than the blue and black... Not sure if that will work out...
Old 01-19-2009, 11:11 AM
Back Marker

Malice is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by sumthin_major
[ATTACH]Attachment 4359[/ATTACH]Attachment 4361 It fits nice. You do have to trim alot of the factory undertray box out.
I've been thinking about getting an undertail for a while now and have a couple questions about this one.

Do you lose much storage space under the seat?

Also, do you need to get a resistor to slow down the blinker speed or does the kit come with everything needed?
________
Hand held vaporizer reviews

Last edited by Malice; 05-01-2011 at 07:16 AM.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:00 PM
SuperSport

Originally Posted by Malice
I've been thinking about getting an undertail for a while now and have a couple questions about this one.

Do you lose much storage space under the seat?

Also, do you need to get a resistor to slow down the blinker speed or does the kit come with everything needed?
You actually gain quite a bit of space. Exactly how usable is determined by how you finish it off - carpet works well to cover the gaps between the original liner and the new undertail. You will end up cutting most everything of the original liner out.
As for the blinkers, mine went fast and I solved it with a new electronic bilinker solenoid.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:57 PM
Superstock

steve.g is on a distinguished road
I like Pyramid Plastics undertails. http://www.streetfightersbydesign.co...pyramid_pg.htm

Last edited by steve.g; 06-07-2009 at 06:21 PM.