Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

sharkskinz lower,hardware pics?instructions?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 05:21 PM
Squid

98blackhawk is on a distinguished road
sharkskinz lower,hardware pics?instructions?

i just bought a used sharkskinz lower,it came with no hardware or instructions,the hardware kit i think has 1 brcket in it,was wondering if i could just make a bracket,would like to see what the actual bracket looks like and where to mount it,or instructions.there is a peice of heat insulation on the fairing,should i heat wrap my header in that area too so the paint doesent blister,melt?or is that overkill?
Old 09-28-2007, 06:28 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Send me a pm to remind me, I have one and it's not mounted. I have to run but I'll send you pics and/or even send you the bracket to borrow so you can duplicate it. And I've used that silver heat reflective stuff you wrap around starters and stuff and it works amazing. Had it on a gsxr and the header was very close to the fairing. Sorry I'm running but I'll give you some more info and look up the brand so you don't have to worry about burning the fiberglass and the paint.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:44 AM
Squid

no need to send the bracket,i found a pic on sharkskinz.com,but it is looking straight at it mounted on the bike,a side veiw pic would be great though,that way i can see the general bend of it.
Old 09-29-2007, 12:54 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Here are a few. Hope these help. Looks like you could make one pretty easily. Let me know if you need any more pics or measurements.
Attached Thumbnails sharkskinz lower,hardware pics?instructions?-bracket1.jpg   sharkskinz lower,hardware pics?instructions?-bracket2.jpg   sharkskinz lower,hardware pics?instructions?-bracket3.jpg   sharkskinz lower,hardware pics?instructions?-bracket4.jpg   sharkskinz lower,hardware pics?instructions?-bracket5.jpg  

Old 09-29-2007, 01:41 PM
Superstock

Anto is on a distinguished road
So yoooou were the one that won that auction on ebay.

haha
Old 09-29-2007, 02:14 PM
Superstock

pigwings
Bracket

Good idea to attach the bracket to fairing with a Dzus fastener setup.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:12 AM
Squid

yeah,the guy i got that lower from posted another one that went for $2 cheaper the next day.thanks for the pic,made the bracket this morning,fit great!went and got a peice of aluminum stock for $5,drilled to holes,cut,bent,installed a speed nut and bolt,i think i spent 15 minutes at the most,better than spending the $28 plus shipping they wanted!one more?does anyone have a pic of the underside of a non race lower?i was going to cut my race lower out so it wont build as much heat,but i dont want to cut too much and make the fiberglass weak or crack.would like to see how much is cut out from sharkskinz.thanks.