Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

Pazzo knock offs

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 10:24 AM
Former Superchicken Owner
SuperBike

RWhisen is on a distinguished road
They look good. May have to buy a set and machine the bearings and bushings into them. I do love for things to work smooth.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:37 AM
SuperBike

uchi is on a distinguished road
Thanks. I wanna get some brushings for them. See if I can find some to fit :-)
Old 09-14-2010, 01:50 PM
SuperSport

matt365 is on a distinguished road
I've got a set of shorty Pazzos on my 929. I decided to try the el-cheap-o chinese knockoffs on the VTR (stock length)
Honestly, I don't really like the short levers on the 929. There is little play (if any) out of the pazzos, and that is the biggest complaint I've hears out of the spazzo knockoffs. Since they are a direct copy, I'm hoping the long levers will transfer onto my 929 & I can see what the difference is up close.

I ordered mine though e-bay. $30 bucks, $15 shipping, straight from china.

I'd rather keep my business local, but come on, $30 bucks vs. $180 for my Pazzos... might seem wrong to throw money overseas, but thats one crazy markup...
Old 09-14-2010, 03:07 PM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by matt365
I've got a set of shorty Pazzos on my 929. I decided to try the el-cheap-o chinese knockoffs on the VTR (stock length)
Honestly, I don't really like the short levers on the 929. There is little play (if any) out of the pazzos, and that is the biggest complaint I've hears out of the spazzo knockoffs. Since they are a direct copy, I'm hoping the long levers will transfer onto my 929 & I can see what the difference is up close.

I ordered mine though e-bay. $30 bucks, $15 shipping, straight from china.

I'd rather keep my business local, but come on, $30 bucks vs. $180 for my Pazzos... might seem wrong to throw money overseas, but thats one crazy markup...
thats just it, its a huge mark up. from what i read on another forum about this theyre virtually identical to the pazzo levers, they say depending on the knock off you may get a little bit of a less smooth finish from them not using the finer end mill when they make these but really, its all the same thing. as long as they dont break while im trying to stop from a big straightaway at the track on the 25th i dont care who makes them
Old 09-14-2010, 05:24 PM
Squid

cwlucky13 is on a distinguished road
looks good, did you go with the short levers?
Old 09-14-2010, 08:13 PM
SuperBike

yup, i decided to go with them incase i go down so they dont break off and also i find i use 2 fingers for the brake and even with the shortys i can still get 3 on the clutch so im more than fine with that
Old 09-14-2010, 10:40 PM
SuperSport

Stumpy is on a distinguished road
Dam now I want a set have been wondering about how good they where.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:25 AM
SuperBike

the feel good and feel sturdy, i havent ridden on them yet but i will this week. the adjusters are as smooth as the pazzos are and from what ive read between here and another board these are basically pazzos without a pazzo sticker. no one has said their quality to be any less than a pazzo and they look the same. slap a pazzo sticker on it and no one will know the difference
Old 09-15-2010, 08:08 AM
SuperSport

Stumpy is on a distinguished road
I thought I was the only one that used that green and blue tape at track days LOL does not match to well but comes off easy and its around the house. Glad I disconnected the light first time guy next to me did not and what a mess he had
Old 09-15-2010, 01:14 PM
SuperBike

Hahaha Yup everyone here tapes up the lights here for track days. And I un plugged mine aswell. Infact if I can get my hands on another broken headlight I'd use it for track days as mine has $180 in hid goodies in it lol
Old 09-16-2010, 06:19 AM
Back Marker

lukenukem47 is on a distinguished road
I got the set from ebay/china today and yes it was almost a month to my door step. Pro's they look great and clutch fit extremely well. Cons there must be two different types of brake levers for the Superhawk. Well long story short its just thicker then the orignal so im going to a machine shop and having the brake lever milled down to match. Have pics soon...
Old 09-16-2010, 03:40 PM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by lukenukem47
I got the set from ebay/china today and yes it was almost a month to my door step. Pro's they look great and clutch fit extremely well. Cons there must be two different types of brake levers for the Superhawk. Well long story short its just thicker then the orignal so im going to a machine shop and having the brake lever milled down to match. Have pics soon...
yeah this place had them to me in less than a week, i wonder if they changed levers through the years or soemthing? maybe he sent you the wrong one. both of mine fit perfectly.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:22 PM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by uchi
yeah this place had them to me in less than a week, i wonder if they changed levers through the years or soemthing? maybe he sent you the wrong one. both of mine fit perfectly.
The '05 has a different lever but all the other years should be the same.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:55 PM
SuperBike

well i tried them out, i like them alot. the only problem, i have is that when i turn hard left the brake lever hits the fairing and puts on the brakes. but thats only during some really slow parking lot stuff. and im running a gixxer brake setup, other than that they feel great
Old 09-20-2010, 06:38 AM
Former Superchicken Owner
SuperBike

RWhisen is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by uchi
well i tried them out, i like them alot. the only problem, i have is that when i turn hard left the brake lever hits the fairing and puts on the brakes. but thats only during some really slow parking lot stuff. and im running a gixxer brake setup, other than that they feel great
Can you change the angle of them slightly to overcome the interference?
Old 09-20-2010, 07:07 AM
SuperBike

I think you can but then you'd have the lever all the way in. I'm gonna try to twist it forward tonite as I don't like where it sits and see what happens
Old 09-28-2010, 11:09 AM
Back Marker

lukenukem47 is on a distinguished road
grrr, It was work but I managed to do the mods to the brake lever and it works great. I had to add aluminum to areas for the switch. It was worth the mods because i was not willing to wait another month!
Old 10-01-2010, 08:36 PM
SuperSport

matt365 is on a distinguished road
got mine in the mail today. They don't seem that different from my Pazzos. Some of the hardware is slightly different, the allen bolts touch the adjusters (nothing major), the fit and finish doesn't seem quite as good, but for the cost it's pretty darn close. I'll put them on the superhawk tomorrow and see how they fit.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:45 AM
SuperBike

weird, mine dont touch the adjusters. try tightening them down a little. when i got mine they had a little more play than i liked and i tightened the bolts down a bit and theyre alot better now.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:52 PM
Head Scratcher
Back Marker

poppazuti is on a distinguished road
Picked up a set of these as well. The Hawk got jealous that I've been spending so much time working on the Bandit so I tried to smooth things over by buying her a little bling. Took her out on a quick date today, cleaned her up and winterized her. Just before I tucked her in for the winter I surprised her with them.

I wanted the black levers but I just couldn't get past the maroon dial. Ended up with the silver and I am not the least bit disappointed.
Attached Thumbnails Pazzo knock offs-20101108_02.01.jpg   Pazzo knock offs-20101108_01.01.jpg  
Old 11-09-2010, 08:52 AM
Superstock

ttocsmai is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 996Riders
I have em and they rock. way better than oem ones.. I have the shortys and I love em
So it's not the size, but what you can do with them? That is what I thought all along.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:08 AM
Superstock

evines is on a distinguished road
I have the shortys too. I haven't installed them yet, but they look great. The website charges you the same for one lever or two, and I needed clutch for the superhawk and brake for a CBR1000RR (so it was double-charging me). I e-mailed and got a clear response in a couple hours. They told me just to buy both levers for one bike, but put in the notes section that I needed the brake for CBR and the clutch for superhawk. They arrived less than a week later, exactly what I needed.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:52 AM
Superstock

speedkelly@aol.com is on a distinguished road
CRG

I have had both Pazzo's and CRG's lever's on multiple bikes. For me personally the Crg's are the best. Just feel better, bushings and bearings. Customer service is second to done. Called them up once with an issue on my front brake lever on a GSXR1000. They sent me a brand new lever custom adapted to my needs. All for no charge!

American made, great service. I will always be a loyal Crg customer.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:49 PM
Squid

sunmax is on a distinguished road
you guys try its double adjustable levers?
http://www.rideitmoto.com/products.php?id=175
Old 11-16-2010, 04:24 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by sunmax
you guys try its double adjustable levers?
http://www.rideitmoto.com/products.php?id=175
Nope, just his standard length ones for now.

The sliding adjustable length lever is umm, interesting for sure.. If the collapsed length is at about the shorty length, then he may have a winner there.

I've tried the shorty's and full length levers now.. Shorty it too short, long ones are OK.. but something in between might be nice.

Not sure how the transition at the proximal end of the sliding lever will feel when the adjusted length makes them, un even or mismatched.
Old 11-21-2010, 04:42 PM
Back Marker

20_rc51_00 is on a distinguished road
does the black wear off the levers over time?
Old 11-21-2010, 06:23 PM
Administrator
MotoGP

They are anodized alumnium....... The coating wears well, but nothing is for ever, but it's pretty long wearing.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:53 AM
Remember stock is BAD!
SuperSport
SuperSport

divingindaytona is an unknown quantity at this point
Any update from those of you that have the "Ride it" levers? How are they wearing, any issues etc?
Old 01-01-2011, 03:49 PM
Administrator
MotoGP

Originally Posted by divingindaytona
Any update from those of you that have the "Ride it" levers? How are they wearing, any issues etc?
Been in use for about 2 months now.. Work great, look good. I have a third lever (for a CBR600) that I'm going to bore the lever mount one day and install a bearing.. if my fixture works as planed, I'll do my other two levers and see if it's worth the effort.
Old 01-01-2011, 04:28 PM
Back Marker

HawkRider98 is on a distinguished road
I have been riding mine for over three months. I have nothing other than the stock levers to compare them to but love them. To use an analogy of sorts, I have high end mtb bikes and parts with big dollar brake sets. The RideIt levers, to me, compare to the high end stuff I have on my mtb bikes, but at an easier to stomach price. They feel great, work flawlessly and look damn good. Maybe one day I will get around to putting a bearing in them but they work great without one. Other than the shipping cost, one of the better mods, cost wise, I have done.

Quick Reply: Pazzo knock offs