Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

Pazzo knock offs

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 09:51 AM
SuperSport

Stevebis1 is on a distinguished road
Pazzo knock offs

Has anyone tried the levers that are currently advertised on our site? I'm thinking about picking up a gold set. With shipping they seem to be less than 1/2 of the best price i was able to find Pazzos for.
Any suggestions on short verses long?

http://www.rideitmoto.com/products.php?id=32
Old 09-09-2010, 10:10 AM
ride it out
SuperSport

nothing is on a distinguished road
those don't look too bad, when I shift I use my entire hand most of the time so I would personally go with the longer ones compared to the shorter. if I were stunting, shorter would be preferable. they look like nice items, but what separates them from the pazzos and the $20 ebay ones?
Old 09-09-2010, 11:05 AM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
The price?
Old 09-09-2010, 11:31 AM
WWTDD
Back Marker

Seattle_SuperHawk is on a distinguished road
62.00 bucks
Old 09-09-2010, 12:45 PM
SuperSport

Stevebis1 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Seattle_SuperHawk
62.00 bucks
Yes, that is the price +$18 shipping, but Marcus was exercising a bit of wit.
As for the ebay ones, a while ago I saw ones that supposedly fit the VTR, but I couldn't find them when I looked yesterday. Who knows the origin of the ones advertised here, but I was hoping they may be better quality than the ultra cheapies
Old 09-09-2010, 12:58 PM
ride it out
SuperSport

nothing is on a distinguished road
I assume they'd be better quality, "you get what you pay for" but it sucks going from something cheap to something a bit more pricey because do you really get that extra quality with the $20 more you spend?
Old 09-09-2010, 02:21 PM
SuperSport

Hotbrakes is on a distinguished road
They look identical to the Hong Kong levers on Ebay that I purchased a couple weeks ago for the CBR. The look and feel is identical to the CRG's on my RC. They probably all come from the same factory in China.

Coming from a background in MX I prefer short vs. long cause I'm a 2 finger braker and clutcher. If I used 4 fingers the long levers would be better. The shorties also give a little more "crash resistance" since they are less likely to hit the ground and break.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:10 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
You'd better check Mike's thread (8541Hawk), in "Everything Else", about Motorcycle Track Guy Advice before ordering short levers.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:43 PM
Squid

996Riders is on a distinguished road
I have em and they rock. way better than oem ones.. I have the shortys and I love em
Old 09-09-2010, 06:43 PM
Squid

cwlucky13 is on a distinguished road
i see the option for lever color but no option on clicker color
Old 09-09-2010, 09:57 PM
Squid

sunmax is on a distinguished road
ordered one from them for my Yamaha R6, I am happy with them. Because my last levers was from ebay, after mounted, it play up and down. but ride it lever perfet fit.
and also surprise that 3 days to my door, while ebay one took nearly one month to arrival......
Old 09-10-2010, 04:24 AM
SuperBike

uchi is on a distinguished road
I ordered some last night from them. The guy was super nice and at almost midnight was emailing me back. He even mix and matched them for me cause of my brake upgrade. Also when you order black levers they only have red adjusters
Old 09-10-2010, 06:10 AM
SuperBike

Is there anything special that I need to know when I change these? Do they just unbolt or can I expect some fluid loss and some re bleeding?
Old 09-10-2010, 06:52 AM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
As long as you don't fiddle around they are just unbolt and swap... But you can get stuff to come out and play if you fiddle....
Old 09-10-2010, 07:19 AM
Former Superchicken Owner
SuperBike

RWhisen is on a distinguished road
I'd like to see some bushings in those mount holes.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:10 PM
SuperBike

so unbolt and replace, dont **** with it, gotcha. how ahrd is the clutch to bleed if i do manage to **** with it and it bleeds al over the place? lol, i ask because with me, things happen
Old 09-10-2010, 05:02 PM
Back Marker

Red_Liner740 is on a distinguished road
There is no need to crack open the brake system to replace the lever.

It just pushes on the piston. What i would watch out for is that there is no residual brake pressure with the lever all the way out. Its happened a few times, especially on the GSXRs that the cheaper levers seat for the plunger is too small and the plunger doesnt sit all the way in. So there is slight breaking all the time. People have had their brakes over heat and the heat expansion caused the brakes to lock up. I can attest first hand because when i was installing the ebay levers the plunger did not seat properly. I had to drill it out to a larger diamater.

I also drilled out the levers and added bushings. this took out lot of the vertical play. Also tigtening down on the adjuster nut and bolt took away some more play. So now, the levers are really really nice!
Old 09-10-2010, 09:08 PM
Back Marker

lukenukem47 is on a distinguished road
i ordered a set, but shipping is taking forever!!! keep ya posted
Old 09-10-2010, 09:19 PM
Squid

cwlucky13 is on a distinguished road
thinking about getting these also, i emailed them about color choices and options for getting brake short lever and clutch full length, but they have not responded yet
Old 09-10-2010, 09:20 PM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by Red_Liner740
There is no need to crack open the brake system to replace the lever.

It just pushes on the piston. What i would watch out for is that there is no residual brake pressure with the lever all the way out. Its happened a few times, especially on the GSXRs that the cheaper levers seat for the plunger is too small and the plunger doesnt sit all the way in. So there is slight breaking all the time. People have had their brakes over heat and the heat expansion caused the brakes to lock up. I can attest first hand because when i was installing the ebay levers the plunger did not seat properly. I had to drill it out to a larger diamater.

I also drilled out the levers and added bushings. this took out lot of the vertical play. Also tigtening down on the adjuster nut and bolt took away some more play. So now, the levers are really really nice!
good to know. maybe ill bribe you with some beer to come down and give me a hand with mine. mainly cause im just feeling lazy. lol
Old 09-10-2010, 09:27 PM
Back Marker
Back Marker

Hopey is on a distinguished road
Question Shop Local

Pazzo levers are Canadian made ,I earn my money here in North America and try to spend it on quality made North American goods!Some times the prices are hard to swallow but ,It's our people 's jobs (and maybe yours)in the long run!
Old 09-10-2010, 10:14 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Hopey
Pazzo levers are Canadian made ,I earn my money here in North America and try to spend it on quality made North American goods!Some times the prices are hard to swallow but ,It's our people 's jobs (and maybe yours)in the long run!
+1...and, you get what you pay for.

I bought some Pazzos for my wife's SV a couple of years ago, very high quality.

When all the manufacturing gets done in China, they will have us by the *****. We're almost there now.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:13 AM
Superstock

skoshere is on a distinguished road
I agree with getting Pazzo's. They are pricey, but they are top notch. Worth the 200 dollars in my book, for some subtle bling and functionality.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:53 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
If the Pazzo's had a bearing at the pivot, id say they would be worth the extra cost vs the Ride ones.... BUT they don't.

On Monday I'll order a set from Ride, once I get back from Atlanta, I'll look at fitting a bearing.
Old 09-11-2010, 01:45 PM
SuperBike

autoteach is on a distinguished road
I am not someone that screams BUY AMERICAN, but I do scream SCREW THE CHINESE. Not only are they funding our country right now, but they are in the midst of waging a walmart style mega battle against our industry. You are either willing to give up our country's future or your not, it has nothing to do with frugality. A good example:

Talking to a industrial supply store the other day, I was saying that the chinese were going to cost us dearly. The mgr said it was just the opposite, that they were making more money having china make their crap. I replied to that, when you have no businesses to sell your wares to, it won't matter how much you saved on that bolt from china, because you wont be making a dime in sales. They merely replied oh well.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:19 AM
SuperBike

shipping is unreal, they arrived today, i ordered them a few days ago. very impressed. although im speaking too fast as im sure now they wont fit. lol. gonna go toss them on, lets hope the asian fella i spoke to sent me the correct combination of levers
Old 09-14-2010, 09:47 AM
Former Superchicken Owner
SuperBike

RWhisen is on a distinguished road
Do they have bushings? Bearings?
Old 09-14-2010, 09:49 AM
SuperBike

theyre on, piece of cake to put on. they have a little up and down play but i got most of it out by tightening the screws. the quailty seems to be good. i wont know how they are till i ride the bike later on today or tomorrow but they look nice and feel good aswell. took no more than 15 minutes to put them on, most of that time was spent on the brake lever, it wasnt until i realized that theres a little cup inside the lever that the piston for the master, i guess you could call it that, fits into, and then things lined up
Old 09-14-2010, 09:50 AM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by RWhisen
Do they have bushings? Bearings?
nope no bushings or bearings. i wish they did as it would remove the little free play they have.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:12 AM
SuperBike

the communication from this plce was great, the guy was quick to answer my emails, shipping was fast, paypal just took money out of my account today and i had these at lunch. and he was good enough to give me the combo price even though we had to mix and match levers for 2 different bikes.

Name:  DSC_4927.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  106.1 KB

Name:  DSC_4926.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  87.0 KB

Quick Reply: Pazzo knock offs