Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

new look for my hawk :)

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 01:39 PM
99 superhawk
Superstock

wsharpman is on a distinguished road
new look for my hawk :)

finally put custom painted plastic on her, and full floating ss rotors, painted tank myself to match color. also painted custom flames onto cans. new double buble tanted windscreen to go with the black look.
fixing to sell off yellow rear plastics (great condition still) have an extra stock belly pan (gloss black ). also have the inner air direct fairing pieces to sell. oh as well the middle piece (yellow) front fairing below windscreen is also good to sell.
anyways enjoying riding a sharp bike again :P
looks like I will have to upload individually.
Attached Thumbnails new look for my hawk :)-003-2-.jpg  

Last edited by wsharpman; 01-24-2013 at 01:52 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:54 PM
99 superhawk
Superstock

another
Attached Thumbnails new look for my hawk :)-006-2-.jpg  
Old 01-24-2013, 04:18 PM
Bike Hoarder
Squid

SgtHollywood is on a distinguished road
Chinese plastics? If so how was the fit and quality?
Old 01-24-2013, 06:01 PM
99 superhawk
Superstock

yeah these are chinese plastics and can say it was tight fitting but qaulity was good as well as love the paint quality. I will say though if you try to put these on by yourself you won't get them on. takes to people to mount these as seems very tight need the extra hands to nudge here and there to align bolts (of course it may be only me due to the deer accident may have nudged the top fairing bracket (metal tube that holds the front on) not sure. other than that all went as planned and now looks great. Also cannot complain at all on price $505. delivered , and we all know what the price is for oem parts and forget about custom paintjobs to oem lol. I am very satasfied with these. and company sent every piece of plastic (yes even the passenger seat cowl and belly pan ) aslo the wdouble bubble windscreen tinted. hows that for a price. I definently recommend them you can find these on ebay company has logo on the parts on ebay that says "BS" lol
Old 01-24-2013, 06:15 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Why not hold the fairings in place and "nudge" or lightly tap the mounting tabs or bend the fairing stay to where you need them to line up? That way you won't put constant stress on the fairings and end up with cracked paint or worse stress cracked fairings after you go over a few bumps. Looks nice though. It's amazing that they can make, paint and ship them for that price. I guess that's what you get when you pay your workers like 5 bucks a week...
Old 01-24-2013, 06:42 PM
99 superhawk
Superstock

Originally Posted by captainchaos
Why not hold the fairings in place and "nudge" or lightly tap the mounting tabs or bend the fairing stay to where you need them to line up? That way you won't put constant stress on the fairings and end up with cracked paint or worse stress cracked fairings after you go over a few bumps. Looks nice though. It's amazing that they can make, paint and ship them for that price. I guess that's what you get when you pay your workers like 5 bucks a week...
oh I did adjust the tabs and all still though took a bit of work. but I also assume it may have been from plastics being new as well as the cold here, as plastics and cold weather makes for a bit of a stiff deal lol.

Last edited by wsharpman; 01-25-2013 at 10:24 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:48 PM
Squid

JakeT is on a distinguished road
looks real good man glad you got her fixed up. Been toying with the idea of getting some chinese plastics too. I can see now they aren't that bad.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:38 AM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by wsharpman
Also note our bikes come from there lol.
My VTR is made in Japan, not China. Big difference!!
Old 01-25-2013, 06:13 AM
Back Marker

19superchicken98 is on a distinguished road
sick plastics brother!
Old 01-25-2013, 06:22 AM
Back Marker

HawkRider98 is on a distinguished road
I have the same plastics for over a year now and they have been great. Installed them by myself with no problem. Did have to come up with some different screws to attach headlight assembly and maybe a few others, but nothing I didn't already have laying around. The plastics were good quality, though thinner, and paint was excellent(red).
Old 01-25-2013, 06:57 AM
SuperBike

NHSH is on a distinguished road
oh I did adjust the tabs and all still though took a bit of work. but I also assume it may have been from plastics being new as well as the cold here, as plastics and cold weather makes for a bit of a stiff deal lol.

yeah they can definently make things cheeper there. Also note our bikes come from there lol. So only makes sense they can make these plasics cheeper when you cut out all the middlemen we typically pay here. After all all the peices we get here are orriginally from there anyways just call them oem due to dealerships IE (middlemen) why not buy direct lol after all where do you think the dealers are getting them from :P
When you say "come from there", you are getting it very wrong, you have to know the deference dude! You cannot compare Japanese product to Chines product, they are worlds apart, here is a few point why:
First - Japanese are professional manufacturers and as such they have factories all over the world, not only in Japan, which means there standards have to apply to many regions and highest quality.
Second - They are also regulated very strictly and don't employ unprofessional labor and children for that matter which is the reason why their products are not cheep.

A chines manufacturer can be one day car parts factory and the next day hard wood floors factory or clothing factory. They are not dedicated manufacturers for the most part and have very little professionalism as a result.
Also they have no factories outside of China so they don't have to apply international law on labor abuse such as child labor, pay, work hours and so on... They barely make it to US and EU standards to begin with on a very small product list if you compare it with their illegal manufacturing, from VTR parts to pharma products.

So, coming back to your bike... If your VTR was made in China, it would not make it to 10k miles! Did you ever try the chines scooters like the Rocket for example??? they are cheep no doubt, but you lucky if you make 200 miles out of them and alive
Old 01-25-2013, 07:44 AM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
Thank you NHSH... huge difference....

Chinese workers and factories often have no idea what they're making, or why they're making it. It's pretty tough to QC a part when you don't know what it's for.

In my work I see a bit of that end of things and it absolutely cracks me up sometimes when they get things wrong b/c they don't really understand what they're making. It's a little scary, but then what isn't?
Old 01-25-2013, 09:31 AM
99 superhawk
Superstock

well NHSH sorry bout the bloop... As for child labor I cannot help that as I am no politition nor care to be. So as far as getting my plastics and cheeper I say great.. Can only do what I can. Lol so stop harshing my mellow lmao heh heh.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:34 AM
99 superhawk
Superstock

Originally Posted by 19superchicken98
sick plastics brother!
thanks appreciate the appreciation :P
Old 01-25-2013, 10:22 AM
SuperBike

NHSH is on a distinguished road
well NHSH sorry bout the bloop... As for child labor I cannot help that as I am no politition nor care to be. So as far as getting my plastics and cheeper I say great.. Can only do what I can. Lol so stop harshing my mellow lmao heh heh.
No problem was not trying to be harsh, just correcting I had to deal with Chines manufacturers in one of my business adventures in the past. Was not fun and too risky.
In any case, if the chines plastic, I'm all for it, at list somethings they get almost right
Cheers
Old 01-25-2013, 04:07 PM
99 superhawk
Superstock

I was really happy with the ghosted in red and silver flame concept and suprised that the flames matched perfectly on both sides (evenly). these flames are done in a type of fine metalic paint so that when the sun hits them they show up good. oh and most importantly wax, I bought a spray bottle of turtlewax black detailer man is that stuff good it actually does what it says and leaves a "wet look" shine to the plastic.

Oh did you like that ol 70's refrence " harshing my mellow" lol remembered that from an old cheech and chong movie lmao

Last edited by wsharpman; 01-25-2013 at 04:11 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:54 PM
Superstock

cybercarl is on a distinguished road
Cheech and Chong now there's a blast from the past. Takes me back to my youth. A weed VTR now there's an idea LOL

I was considering the exact same fairings at one stage, looks good.

(:-})
Old 01-25-2013, 05:44 PM
99 superhawk
Superstock

Originally Posted by cybercarl
Cheech and Chong now there's a blast from the past. Takes me back to my youth. A weed VTR now there's an idea LOL

I was considering the exact same fairings at one stage, looks good.

(:-})
thanks , BTW if you look closely you will see the custom painted flames I added to the exaust (in case someone else got the same plastics lol ) so I could still keep mine apart from the clones

also look closer at those flames on the exhaust and you will see it is designed to make a devils face out of the flames :P

Last edited by wsharpman; 01-25-2013 at 05:47 PM.