Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

Need help with brake pedal!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 02:04 PM
Squid

snowboarding_champ is on a distinguished road
Need help with brake pedal!

I am looking for anyone that has replaced a brake pedal for advice. What are the steps to take to replace this. I don't want to take off more pieces than need be. Thanks for the help.
Old 07-19-2008, 04:14 PM
SuperSport

reaper is on a distinguished road
I asked a similar question awhile back and skokievtr responded with this. Hope it helps.
I've done it

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper
I was wondering if anyone has or if it is possible to change the rear brake lever position. When I apply the rear brake, after applying the front first, I have to raise my foot up a couple of inches to get my foot on the lever.

I would like to lower the lever 1/2-3/4" so that I can slid my foot over versus raising it up to apply the brake.

Any ideas?

Remove cotter pin, disassemble, remove lock nut, cut off about 5mm (eliminates cotter pin hole), grind smooth for easy threading, slip on flat washer made from 3M grey non-slip peel n' stick tape to top of threads (acts like a crush-type lock washer), reassemble without oem lock nut & thread down all the way, safety wire, and you've dropped pedal 1/2"+ see pic I also pop-riveted a small, thin extension plate under the pedal because my adjustable pegs keeps my boot out farther. Even lowered 1" the peg does not drags at my pace with the rear raised -1/2" with the Penske ride height adjustment.
Attached Thumbnails Adjusting Rear Brake Lever-brake-adjuster-mod.jpg

Last edited by skokievtr : 10-19-2007 at 04:49 PM.