Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

Need a good tank bra.

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 02:07 PM
Squid

mill7163 is on a distinguished road
Need a good tank bra.

Hey everyone, I'm looking for a good tank bra and was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions. I don't want to cover the entire tank just half. I tried searching, but didn't have much luck. Thanks

Jeff
Old 07-26-2007, 02:56 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mill7163
Hey everyone, I'm looking for a good tank bra and was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions. I don't want to cover the entire tank just half. I tried searching, but didn't have much luck. Thanks

Jeff
I have one that I don't use, I would be willing to sell it for $17 plus $5shipping usps priority within the US...I'll have to find it in the garage, Got it from Greg earlier this year, just don't use it like I thought I would..

PM me if interested...
Old 07-26-2007, 03:13 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
I have the leather-like tank bra on the Superhawk only because it was there and the paint is chipped a couple places from careless fueling by PO. The Interceptor has one I got from MagKnight and it's a good piece. Stays put good - comes off and goes back on easily for cleaning. If I ever get the tank sprayed on the Superhawk that will be the bra that goes on it after the new paint.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:22 AM
Back Marker

Utah996
Tank bra suck IMO. Either go with a tank slapper clear bra, or a carbon tank guard from LP. The bra will just move and rub the tank.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:52 PM
MotoGP

The MagKnight stays put better than the leather-like POS on the Superhawk. It doesn't move and unlike the stick on stuff I can peel it off anytime I want for cleaning and waxing. After I'm done it spreads back on just like a second skin. I have no connection with the company I just think it's a superior product given what's out there. "Sticking" anything to my tank is like having my sack tattooed IMO. The leather-like **** reminds me of something some loose-titted Hardley chick would wear. The problem with the Hardley chicks is that they don't know how many to buy! It takes three - one for each tank and one over the head.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:20 PM
Back Marker

thegreep
Talking

Boy, your tank must be stacked! My tank just needed the little sticker
Old 07-27-2007, 07:12 PM
MotoGP

Greep - hahaha - we been here! Best of it to ya!
Old 07-29-2007, 11:40 AM
Señor Miembro, Ay Caramba
SuperSport

Scooberhawk is on a distinguished road
Are those sticky tank guard/grip things able to be removed and put back on again? When they are removed do they leave a film of goo that is tough to take off without ruining paint? I've pondered getting one..
Old 07-29-2007, 11:51 AM
MotoGP

I don't know of any that stick on and then unstick. I suppose you remove them like decals. Use a hairdryer to get them started then you have to deal with the goo. I didn't research a new bra for the Superhawk but the Interceptor didn't have one at all when I bought it. At that time, I thought the removable bras had the maintenance advantage.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:41 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
There is a product called Tankslapper that is a 3M plastic material that you can put on and take off as needed, though it takes some time. I have the thinner permanent material on the white Superhawk. I like it better because it sticks better, is thinner thus less visible and forms around curves better, though it's not reusable. www.thetankslapper.com
Old 07-30-2007, 12:07 PM
Squid

Tucknroll is on a distinguished road
tank bra

I got a "lockhard phillips" half bra. it works and fits great. I have it on my red hawk and have not had any scratching issues with it. Of coarse I keep her clean, which probably explains the lack of scratching.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:26 PM
Señor Miembro, Ay Caramba
SuperSport

Scooberhawk is on a distinguished road
Always nice to have new information. I'll have to see what the spirit moves me to do.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:34 AM
Squid

superbird is on a distinguished road
I too have the Lockhart Phillips half bra and it fits really well, easy to take on and off and has been very durable.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:32 PM
Honducati
SuperSport

jbaxx is on a distinguished road
+1 for the Tankslapper.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:54 AM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Mill7163...Here are the pics...

Let me know if you are interested...via pm...
Old 08-22-2007, 11:59 AM
Squid

AKohler996
I have a Targe tank bra on my '98, and I love it.
I do not feel guilty hanging onto the tank with my jeans, knowing that I will not scratch it up.
It fits vert tight and does not move, but it is easy to get off when needed.
I do not ride in the rain, but occasionally the bike gets wet sitting outside at work during the day. The bra seems almosts water proof, even in hard rain, the moisture does not seem to get past the felt edging and down between the paint and vinyl.
When I wipe down the bike after getting it wet, I usually just lift up on the felt egde at bit and dry off as much as I can (not much is needed).
It has hardly ever been off the bike in the last year, but tank still looks fine underneath.
I had bras for cars and trucks and always took them off if it rained. (pain in the butt)
But I had a bra on my 1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100 and my 1988 Honda Hawk GT, and had not problems leaving it on them either. In my mind it is a good buy, as long as you do not mind the "looks" of a bra. To me, the black blends into the seat, and breaks up the red well.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:05 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

I will let it go for $15.00 plus shipping...whatever usps priority or first class mail...I don't care, you pay exact shipping...Paypal, or money order...
first to post up...as PM is not working...I also just put it on another board, so it could sell there first..