Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

My Baby Fell Off Truck!!! Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 03:29 PM
Squid

LadyCasanova is on a distinguished road
Exclamation My Baby Fell Off Truck!!! Help!!!

I own a 99 Superhawk 1000, yes a female can handle it... Some guys that were flirting with me two saturdays ago insisted on putting my bike on my truck, before I could say no or anything else for that matter, they proceeded to back my bike up on my truck and dropped it head first into the hard, earth-shatterirg, non-forgiving, okay it wasn't the "grounds" fault. They offered to pay for the damages, but i don't want to kill them with charges. :neutral: I can do all the mechanical work myself, but it needs a complete front-end. Forks, wheel assembly, plastics, frame and mirrors. I am having the toughest time finding anything, but i did so many performance mods to the bike that i don't want to salvage it. What if any other frame is compatible to my bike and also instead of a half body, i want to put on a full body, what body style is the closest fit? PLease help! I have somebody that will do the work but he's not familiar with superhawks and can't tell me what i need to get. I found after-market forks, springs, windshield and side mirrors and even though i hate to do it, some chrome wheels, but i desperately need a frame and plastics(prefer full body), ASAP!
Riding season is slipping away............
Old 07-19-2006, 03:33 PM
Hmm?
SuperBike

marmaladedad is on a distinguished road
Welcome aboard. Sorry to hear about the mishap.

There are a few owners here that have a lower that makes the Superhawk look like a full-faired bike. Do some searching and you'll find it soon enough.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:45 PM
SuperBike

RickB is on a distinguished road
check the classifieds on here for parts, I saw a set of forks on here a few days ago.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:59 PM
Back Marker

MisterMohawk
You can always check fleaBay. I often see SHawks being parted out and i know I've seen a frame or two.
Old 07-19-2006, 05:05 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Is Mario Nava still selling his carbon fiber stuff from Italy? Pics of his bike and his email address are on my site (in my sig), or you can Google his name. That's the best option with fairings. As for front end, search the site and you'll find several front end conversions from 929s, 900RRs, and 600F4s that are pretty much chop n' swap.

BTW, if you decide to go with Mario's fairings, you'll need to find a good painter who can prep and paint them. Overall, it'll be about the same price as buying all new fairings and tank from Honda. You didn't mention if the tank was dented or not.

IMHO, don't go with chrome wheels. It adds weight to them (not good for steering) and weakens the metal. Plus I think they look gay. Buy a used one off ebay.

And finally, be assertive and DON'T let anyone else touch your bike!
Old 07-19-2006, 05:08 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Yeah! PM AC COBRA. He is selling his stock forks in perfect condition for $250. Tell him you're a girl on a Superhawk and I bet you could get him down to $200! LOL
Old 07-19-2006, 08:59 PM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
Frame damage? Geez, just how tall was this truck?

+1 on just say no to chrome wheels. Strip and polish them if you just have to have shiny.

You can get aftermarket lowers that will give the 'hawk a full fairing look. There are some euro full body kits too but I don't think they look modern and prices/shipping are $$$.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:50 PM
Back Marker

MisterMohawk
Saw this frame on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...09347118QQrdZ1
Old 07-19-2006, 11:52 PM
Superstock

Speed_Demon is an unknown quantity at this point
How does someone back your bike onto your truck? If you are legit I'm sorry but this sounds like bs. Do you realize replacing the frame means you need to re-certify your ownership of your bike and it's new serial number?

You wrote "I own a 99 Superhawk 1000, yes a female can handle it..." in your first post to the forum. Who said you couldn't?

I'm just saying either she's crazy (which I don't mind, and if so, do you want to go get a bite and see a movie?) or this is bs and possibly a stunt to get cheap parts for stolen bike.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:40 AM
El Cheapo
Back Marker

cat0020 is on a distinguished road
It sounds fishy to me also. I've never heard of a bike dropped from a truck in need of a complete front end. If the responsible party offered to pay for the damages, then let them pay for it, however much it might cost.
Old 07-20-2006, 06:10 AM
Back Marker

3D02 is on a distinguished road
To use that frame being sold on eBay would be a pain. States that the Louisiana title is stamp reconditioned, signed over to the seller but never transferred in TX. Best of luck with that.

Karl
Old 07-20-2006, 01:36 PM
Back Marker

blokeontheend
get the boys to pay for it - totally their fault and you'll put yourself in a position where one new part leads to 6 others and so on - it could take a year before you are done. It ain't worth the hassle - get er fixed up nice. They are 100% liable - let them be nice and give them the chance to redeem themselves.
Old 07-20-2006, 09:02 PM
Superstock

Speed_Demon is an unknown quantity at this point
Her profile lists her as a mechanic but she's getting someone to repair the bike. She also lists girls as one of her interests. I call bs. You guys always beat me to calling photochop so here I'm calling bs.
Old 07-21-2006, 07:00 AM
Back Marker

SNGPerformance is an unknown quantity at this point
I would say take it to the dealer and get a quote. If the frame is cracked, it's totalled..... tell the "guys" to buy you a new bike!!

Oh yeah, this sounds like total BS to me too. If it's not..... I'm sure you understand.
Old 07-21-2006, 07:09 AM
Back Marker
Back Marker

penst8grad
At least a Dingo didn't eat his...eh her baby. I call BS too.
Old 07-21-2006, 03:50 PM
Squid

firts, yes i am a female and i have a girlfriend! the frame is not cracked, it's dented, i don't know what needs to be replaced, i'm going off looking at whats dented, scratched or broken. the fairings definately have to go and the forks as well as the left side mirror. the tank is scratched up but no dents that i can see so far. the frame like i said is dented on the left side. because of my truck height, instead of backing the bike off i like to ride off my truck down a custom slide out ramp i built. while backing it on, they dropped it off the left side of the ramp. i drive a 2004 GMC sierra heavy duty deisel 2500HD with a 5" lift and 38' tires, so yeah, it's a lil high. I am a mechanic at a GM dealership, not a body tech. if we get a bent frame on a car, we cut and weld, but i was told i can't cut and weld a bike frame and am not sure if i should drive it bent. Hey, i'm still a girl and even though i am a daredevil, i'm still a cautious daredevil. i think i will be better off buying a HAyabusa and parting mine off anyway. i don't really want to put anymore money into it and the guys have offered to give me, between the three of them, $4500, so that with the parts money will help me buy a Busa with no payments. I already have a GSXR750 for tricks, I just need some speed for thrills. i'm not naive, i know there are a lot of stolen bikes out there so no hard feelings to any of you who smelt fish. i do live by a beach, so that could be what you're smelling. lol
Old 07-21-2006, 08:23 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by LadyCasanova
f i do live by a beach, so that could be what you're smelling. lol
LMAO! "What do lesbians call tunafish?" Ahh, nevermind (let's keep the site clean!) :-)

Ironically, I thought the frame might have a scratch. We used to total bikes at the dealership I once worked at all the time because of a tiny scratch (grrrr). I would live with a small dent if "I" did it but not someone else. It will kill you at resell time. A crack, OTOH, is an absolute no-no.

I think parting it out is the best thing if you're comfortable doing that. It's a lot of work both in effort and in time. And along with their contribution, you could build another used 'hawk into an awesome machine.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:40 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by superbling
LMAO! "What do lesbians call tuna?" Ahh, nevermind (let's keep the site clean!) :-)
Blah....What?

I think she was way to calm about all the ragging....lmao...

If you part it out, let me know....send PM....I need the rear frame thing, sub, or what ever it is called.....good luck...
Old 07-21-2006, 09:29 PM
Hmm?
SuperBike

marmaladedad is on a distinguished road
Get yourself to the track for thrills.
Old 07-22-2006, 07:07 AM
SuperSport

jschmidt
How does "flirting" lead to truck-loading?
Old 07-22-2006, 11:48 AM
Squid

i'm pretty easy-going and having parents like mine growing up, i've learned to never let words affect my disposition because people always assume what they want unless they were witness to the situation. But anyway, it was actually like seven guys who were follwing us around after i raced the second time. i was at a track- always go whenever it's open to drag. i fyi-lost 1, won 2. I lost to an almost stock busa, that's why i want one! But the whole thing happened to fast for me to do or say anything. being guys i guess they "assumed" because i'm barely 5'4 120lbs that i wouldn't have been able to get the bike up so they proceeded to. And no, without the pully i installed, kinda like a small two truck one, i can't get it up by myself. i hook up the pulley to the back, turn it on and guide the bike up backwards walking up the ramp. which they would have known if they would have just asked. yes, i like gadgets! the ramp is too steep to simply walk it up. i actually found a 98 hawk for 4800 near kissemee falls, wherever that is, and a Busa for 7000, so i will be getting one of them in the next week or so. a few guys from the track have offered to part the bike off for me for 20% of the earnings, so i said yeah. he told me he'll get a pretty penny for the engine though because of all the work i've done on it, so i hope so. well you guys have been great, but between work and teaching tkd, i rarely get on the pc so you may not hear from me for a while. be easy.
Old 07-22-2006, 07:40 PM
MotoGP

Well I guess it's a little late for this "advice" but you can get a drive on trailer made for ATV's/riding mowers from Home Depot for $500. Your truck would obviously handle pulling it. Bolt on a drive-on front wheel chock for the coolest low dollar one person loading system I've ever seen this side of a wells-fargo trailer.
Old 07-22-2006, 07:50 PM
The Hypno-Toad
Superstock
Superstock

Kendrick is on a distinguished road
Maybe it's just me and I'm cynical, but this "yeah I'm a girl on a bike" thing isn't even worth mentioning. I'm not surprised or impressed. It's a machine, all it needs is an operator. I live in Milwaukee, and if I had a nickel for every woman on a Harley I'd quit my job. Anyway, just saying we're all riders no one has even asked anyone's gender.

-Kendrick
Old 07-23-2006, 04:39 PM
Squid

VTRRR
The SH is so low I had to place a 2X4 under my 6' ramp to get it into the bed of a stock '95 Nissan with out it scraping. Must be one hell of a ramp on a truck with a 5" lift and 33s. Does your custom SH have a turbo?
Old 07-23-2006, 07:20 PM
Squid

andrewlc77 is on a distinguished road
lmfao......to steep to walk up but it will go.....nah...that ramp would have to be 20 foot long...i have a 95 extra cab chevy fullsize with a 4/6 drop and mine just barely clears going up my ramp which is 5 foot long
Old 07-26-2006, 10:40 AM
Sexual Daredevil
SuperSport

Location: Mother Earth- orbiting around Charlotte, NC. But now over the border in S.C.
motojoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Frame dent= total. Sorry for your loss! Get the guys to pay you for the total damage. Buy whatever your hearts' content.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:54 AM
Back Marker

vitter is an unknown quantity at this point
new:
frame
forks
fairings
mirrors.

just take their money, and buy another bike.