Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

Mirrors W/intergrated turn signals

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 10:28 AM
SuperBike

autoteach is on a distinguished road
Mirrors W/intergrated turn signals

Hi everyone,
This is my first post. I am looking at putting flush mount turn signals on my bike, but I do not want to lose the oncoming visibility of the factory turn signals. As a result of this, I have been looking to put mirrors w/intergrated turn signals on and was wondering what the best option would be. I found these on dennis kirk:

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produc...d=41008&mmyId=

I have looked at the other options, be it gsxr's or custom fabbed aftermarket. I really don't want to spend a lot of time fabbing the mirrors when I can be working on my custom exhaust, home made tire balancer, and my bus conversion for my ride groups trip to NC to the draon. Is there a direct bolt up? Any help would be appreciated.
Bill Kunst
Old 03-23-2007, 10:50 AM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Bill, there are others but none that I know of that just bolt right up. As with the ones from Dennis Kirk, the only problems you're going to have are the bolt spacing and angle. As a few others have done here, it may require some ingenuity to connect the new mirror to the stock VTR base plate. Wiring, of course, is the easy part.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:38 PM
SuperSport

shayne is on a distinguished road
I am not aware of a direct bolt uo that works well. My mirrors were a LOT of work, so don't use them!! LOL.

Another member has modified GSXR mirrors that look good. Try and find out how he did it.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:53 AM
Back Marker

xecutech is on a distinguished road
Hello Shayne, where did you get those mirrors? Or what did you use to make them? Those are very sweet.
I thought they might be the originals with turn signals installed in them?
Old 04-02-2007, 09:26 AM
Back Marker

tommygdbr is on a distinguished road
I relly like the Dennis Kirk mirrors, I think I will give them a try when they get them in stock
Old 04-05-2007, 01:51 AM
SuperSport

shayne is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by xecutech
Hello Shayne, where did you get those mirrors? Or what did you use to make them? Those are very sweet.
I thought they might be the originals with turn signals installed in them?
They came from Speedzilla in the US, and then I worked them over, to get what you see now. I have adapted them to the original Honda mounts (the mounts supplied sit them at too much of an angle), re-shaped the mirror arm, re-routed the wiring, and then repainted them. They look good, but were a lot of work, perhaps too much in retrospect.

I have had a lot of people ask me about the mirrors, more so than any other mod on my bike (lots of the little mods people don't see, or don't care about them!) and I tell everyone to try something different, or be prepared for a lot of work to get them to look like mine do. It was a tricky job.