Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

Flush mount turn signals / Integrated turn signals in mirrors- question about both

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 06:05 AM
Squid

johnclopp85 is on a distinguished road
Flush mount turn signals / Integrated turn signals in mirrors- question about both

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone had any advice on flush mount turn signals. I really don't want to splice in a resister, and I have heard you can buy ones with a resister already built into the turn signal. Anyone that has any advice on a good pair and where I can find them at would be greatly appreciated. Also, I was thinking of buy a set of turn signal/Mirrors from speedzilla.com. Anyone have any comments on the mirrors. Do they need a resister put on them? Can you hook them up with stock turn signals? Thanks all input is welcome and appreciated.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:55 PM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

j shizzy wizzy is on a distinguished road
watsen and proton make sweeeet signals!
Old 05-10-2009, 08:06 PM
SuperSport

yruyur is on a distinguished road
You can buy a different blinker relay that runs under 20 bucks that will have all the turn signals blink at the proper rate. Here is one for about 16 shipped.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/12v-L...#ht_876wt_1593

same plug as stock so it should just be plug and play. If you replace the relay then you can shop around and find any turn signals you want.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:11 PM
Superstock

steve.g is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by yruyur
You can buy a different blinker relay that runs under 20 bucks that will have all the turn signals blink at the proper rate. Here is one for about 16 shipped.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/12v-L...#ht_876wt_1593

same plug as stock so it should just be plug and play. If you replace the relay then you can shop around and find any turn signals you want.
I have one of these and yes.. just plug it in,works fine
Old 05-11-2009, 12:08 AM
SuperSport

shayne is on a distinguished road
Those Speedzilla mirrors have a straight mount, and when bolted on the VTR they stick up like antlers! The other issue with them is the rubber boot and wiring from the mirror. The wiring runs through the stem until the rubber boot, and then goes through the fairing. It does not go through the mount as well so is not as neat as it could be. Hope that makes sense. The rubber boot is not much good either in my opinion and looks cheap. You can improve them to make them fit and look good, but it is a lot of work.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:20 AM
Squid

johnclopp85 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for all the input guys it helps a lot.