Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

Integrated Taillight Wiring help..

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 06:23 PM
Banned
Back Marker

99Hawkboy
Integrated Taillight Wiring help..

Ok so I just received my tail light assembly from hong kong ebayer..If I had known they had them here in the states I would have purchased here but anyways...

What I have is basically the stock light with a led panel and two wires coming out the rear blue and yellow and a hand made socket that looks like the end of the light bulb.. but no directions on how to install.. go figure...

So how do I get this thing up and running? Just confused and stuff lol
Old 10-31-2010, 06:32 PM
Banned
Back Marker

99Hawkboy
NVM... Search works great if you use it correctly..lol
Old 10-31-2010, 10:40 PM
the boss
SuperBike

saige is on a distinguished road
i got mine all pluged in,turn signals work,light comes on with the tag light,but when i hit the brake,it doesnt do anything.i turned the plug around and only lights up when i hit the brake.
did you have any problems like this,if so,how did you fix it.
im pretty fed up.
i did use the search,anything with led,but nothing with the problems im having.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:46 AM
Superstock

Mattaua is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by saige
i got mine all pluged in,turn signals work,light comes on with the tag light,but when i hit the brake,it doesnt do anything.i turned the plug around and only lights up when i hit the brake.
did you have any problems like this,if so,how did you fix it.
im pretty fed up.
i did use the search,anything with led,but nothing with the problems im having.
that sounds kinda like what mine did. I don't know jack about wiring so I has gsxr_rcr hook mine up. Basically the wiring input that came with mine had some wires reversed so when it was plugged directly in only the brake like worked. We chopped that thing off and he made me new connections. I think the real issue was that the connector wires were in the wrong order. And the blue and yellow wires are for the turn signals...took some trial and error to figure out where those went also. I'm sure you could PM gsxr_rcr for a more professional answer.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:33 AM
Banned
Back Marker

99Hawkboy
Originally Posted by Mattaua
that sounds kinda like what mine did. I don't know jack about wiring so I has gsxr_rcr hook mine up. Basically the wiring input that came with mine had some wires reversed so when it was plugged directly in only the brake like worked. We chopped that thing off and he made me new connections. I think the real issue was that the connector wires were in the wrong order. And the blue and yellow wires are for the turn signals...took some trial and error to figure out where those went also. I'm sure you could PM gsxr_rcr for a more professional answer.

EXACTLY had the same problem! When i plugged mine in it would lite up and stay bright with ignition on.. Obviously the they wired it wrong. I looked at the stock bulb and reversed every leed that came off of the connector that they made plugged her in and works great! Didnt have to cut or change anything with mine however. Just changed the contact points on the tail light. Plugged the Blue and yellow wires into the turn signal wires I believe Yellow to Blue and Blue to Orange.. No problems.. Flashes fast but I think its because I am missing the front turn signals as well...

Hope this helps
Old 11-01-2010, 10:53 AM
the boss
SuperBike

thanks for the responds,ive been changing the contacts around and just havnt hit the right combo yet,its bugging me.if all i gotta do is change the contacts around,than hopefully i will get it.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:36 AM
Superstock

Mattaua is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 99Hawkboy
.. Flashes fast but I think its because I am missing the front turn signals as well...

Hope this helps
Fast flashing is because of the LED's. Mine came with resistors to slow down the flashing to normal speed but they were kinda crappy so I left them off. I have my front signals hooked up and it made my front ones flash fast too. Digital flasher relay will fix all that...that will probably be my next purchase.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:08 PM
the boss
SuperBike

if there is a cyclegear by where you live,they do sell led flasher for honda,its 20.00 but it will work.its the same as the one from superbrightled.com
Old 11-01-2010, 02:52 PM
Banned
Back Marker

99Hawkboy
Originally Posted by saige
thanks for the responds,ive been changing the contacts around and just havnt hit the right combo yet,its bugging me.if all i gotta do is change the contacts around,than hopefully i will get it.
Yeah hopefully.. Just try an mimic the contacts of the bulb if you can.. Should fix your problem.. Hopefully..
Old 11-01-2010, 05:46 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Hey does anyone know the model of the flasher from superbrightleds.com to plug into the hawk?
Old 11-01-2010, 06:11 PM
Former Superchicken Owner
SuperBike

RWhisen is on a distinguished road
http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...FS-1-FLAT.html
Old 11-01-2010, 07:19 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
thanks