Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

Where is the flasher relay located?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 08:10 AM
Superstock

ttocsmai is on a distinguished road
Where is the flasher relay located?

I have just upgraded my turn signals to the LP Flushmount III with LED's from Custom LED (with solid red and amber flashers), and they flash quick. I also purchased the $20 intregrated rear LED light that was a great price (even though it took a while to get here).

from Custom LED I purchased a Flasher Relay to slow down the turn signals, but I have become a bit dumb as the were I can find the original relay to swap them. Any help?

Also, I am thinking about keeping the rear turn signals on and using the intregrated and the turn signals, will that present any problems (except for wiring them)? I want to be seen in the back and the front.

Thanks in advance
Old 11-09-2010, 08:35 AM
SuperBike

Erik S. is on a distinguished road
It's located on the subframe under the rear cowl on the right side. Forward of the regulator/rectifier.

I posted it before, personally, I like the fast blinking, I feel that it gets peoples attention better than the slow blink. Think of it this way, which do you notice first, the thing that is like the others or the one that is different.

If you want to keep both, keep both. Won't hurt anything.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:51 AM
Superstock

ttocsmai is on a distinguished road
I did a search and couldn't find anything on the positioning of this piece, but then I remembered someone sent me the manual for the SH, and there it was under section 19-25.

For the rear, I have to just clip into the wires. Nows the chance to buy the Posi-Locks that I have been wanting to stock up on.