Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

Header Back

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 09:10 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Header Back

I just got the header back from Jet Hot. These folks do a good job and act like they are on top of their game. They were real responsive to phone calls, prompt despite the weather and for the product provided - a bunch less expensive than aftermarket. This is a stock Honda header with their "Extreme" ceramic nickel finish. Guaranteed not to chip, crack, flake or DISCOLOR for three years + rust-through for life.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:28 PM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
looks great...let us know how it works (in terms of heat dissipation, ...)
Old 01-30-2007, 03:43 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
SWEEEET!!! Let's see it once it's mounted up. Don't think you're going to want the lower on the bike anymore!
Old 01-30-2007, 04:44 AM
SuperSport

Stumpy is on a distinguished road
How much if we might ask ? Looks nice want mine that way
Old 01-30-2007, 04:56 AM
Back Marker

Alan is on a distinguished road
Very nice they look the dogs!!!!!!!!
Old 01-30-2007, 06:30 AM
SuperSport

SlowHAWK is an unknown quantity at this point
Absolutly beutiful.... please let me know the general cost if you don't mind... I've been toying with getting mine coated before the spring. (Also have a "new" set of High Mount Jardines to mount up to it... can't wait for spring!!!)
Old 01-30-2007, 08:10 AM
MotoGP

Exactly where I was SlowHawk! I got the new Jardine Hi-Mounts and could not stand the look of the black, ugly header with them. Look closely at every (nearly) picture of the Superhawk (here or elsewhere) and see how shitty the headers all look. I had to do something! The costs are pretty well set out on the Jet Hot website (motorcycle header two into one). They charged me $120 for the primary inside/outside coating, an extra $50 for the "Extreme Sterling" coating and then gave me a 10% internet discount. The shipping was $34 from Pascagoula to Austin so the total was $187. It cost me about $26 to ship the pipes to them. Look at Alan's pictures of his recent mods and see how good the pipes look all the way from the front cylinder to the tip of the cans and you can see what I mean.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:17 AM
Back Marker

Alan is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nuhawk
Exactly where I was SlowHawk! I got the new Jardine Hi-Mounts and could not stand the look of the black, ugly header with them. Look closely at every (nearly) picture of the Superhawk (here or elsewhere) and see how shitty the headers all look. I had to do something! The costs are pretty well set out on the Jet Hot website (motorcycle header two into one). They charged me $120 for the primary inside/outside coating, an extra $50 for the "Extreme Sterling" coating and then gave me a 10% internet discount. The shipping was $34 from Pascagoula to Austin so the total was $187. It cost me about $26 to ship the pipes to them. Look at Alan's pictures of his recent mods and see how good the pipes look all the way from the front cylinder to the tip of the cans and you can see what I mean.
Nuhawk my headers are just polished up and soon will return to that shitty brown colour lol
Old 01-30-2007, 09:35 AM
Back Marker

gssbmm
how long was the turn around on getting them done?
Old 01-30-2007, 11:50 AM
MotoGP

Alan, I was afraid of that and reading Captain Chaos' comments on polishing I just decided this was the more economical route. I can sell all that time polishing to a client and they can pay for the header.

Gssbmm, the turn around was a little complicated by yours truly (wrong paperwork) and the weather took it's turn as well. All told the pipes were gone about 2 and a half weeks.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:51 AM
Superstock

trinity012 is on a distinguished road
I just send my header and mid pipe on VTR to ceramic coat black, it will take 7 to 10 days to fishnish inside out and cost $175 USD (Leo Vincie from 900 Duc mod much shorter and real loud, race core baffle)
Old 01-30-2007, 12:00 PM
MotoGP

I really like that all black look Trinity and if I hadn't gotten such a good deal on the Jardines in polished Al I might have gone that route. I guess my point was after all was said and done - it looked better from front to back if it was all the same. I even considered sandblasting the old TBR header and the debaffled stockers and paint them flat black with stove paint. If I was still looking at a thou$and dollars for mids and cans that's exactly what would have happened. The only problem with that is you get to do it every year!
Old 01-30-2007, 12:44 PM
Superstock

trinity012 is on a distinguished road
Hi Nuhawk, man your header ceramic coat looks awesome at first I thought you have it chrome. yes l think it looks better w/JD in polished. My wont look right w/sil-chro bcause LV baffle finished in dull-grey aluminum