Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

High Mount Rear Header Pipes

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 02:12 PM
Squid

996 Rider is on a distinguished road
High Mount Rear Header Pipes

This is my first post and believe me I tried to search for the answer to my question before I bugged you guys. So if this has already been discussed my apologies just point me in the right direction.

Q. Are there any aftermarket high mount rear headers/ brackets available without purchasing the slipon's.
I current have a 99 hawk with 2brothers and really like the look but, not willing to fork over that much for the whole system.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:04 PM
Back Marker

azhawk1 is on a distinguished road
Red face two brothers corporate?

I have the high mount two bros and asked their corp. office and they told me that if the headers were to help significantly they would have produced them ,but the factory headers on our lovely machines are so good there is no need . this also gos for the suzuki sv's. so if its only esthetics your looking for than just have your headers polished, just an idea:-| and of course I have noy spoke with any other manufacturers, as of yet.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:55 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Do you mean be able to just purchase high mount midpipes and hangers without the mufflers? If so I used to see two bros midpipes sold separately in parts catalogs. Doesn't matter if you have the stock or two bros header they fit both just the same. I know that Jardine also used to sell their separately because I bought replacements. You have to simply call the companies and ask. Start of course with two bros since that's what you have. LeoVince used to only sell complete systems but no replacement parts, but now I think they have a new importer or something so they may sell you just midpipes I don't know. Just call around. Twobros.com, Jardineproducts.com, devilbikes.com, leovince.com, eurobikes.com(Mig). I've bought and traded them also both on ebay and on here. If you just want the midpipes and also the hangers throw a post up on here maybe someone has a pair they'll sell you.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:57 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

I guess also bear in mind that since our bikes aren't being made anymore stock and supplies may no longer exist at some of these places...
Old 12-29-2006, 05:06 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
I had a set of mids bent at the local muffler shop down the street and used a bracket to the rear peg and subframe to hang a can on the VFR. The guys charged me $60 for the pipe and they had to bend a special flange to fit the stock header - the VTR's do NOT have this flange to deal with so you should be able to get it done even cheaper. It isn't chrome and you can see the detents left by the bending machine but for $60 it put me on the road with the bike. The stock setup was awful! It sounded like a moped. Not anymore As well, TBR has discontinued any high mounts because of heating problems with the rear cowls.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:35 AM
Superstock

pigwings
high pipes

Originally Posted by captainchaos
Do you mean be able to just purchase high mount midpipes and hangers without the mufflers? If so I used to see two bros midpipes sold separately in parts catalogs. Doesn't matter if you have the stock or two bros header they fit both just the same. I
I got a set of the high-mount midpipes directly from TBR. I had to call them, as the pipes don't show in the catalog.
http://www.twobros.com/index.htm
Old 01-03-2007, 11:46 AM
Squid

Z-Unit is on a distinguished road
I have a set of mid-pipes that I'm not using. The kid I bought the bike from had a 2 bros hight mount system on, but someone stole the cans. He put the stockers back on, but gave me the midpipes. Let me know if you are interested.

-Z
Old 01-03-2007, 02:11 PM
Squid

Jonny is on a distinguished road
-Z

You have a PM...

Originally Posted by Z-Unit
I have a set of mid-pipes that I'm not using. The kid I bought the bike from had a 2 bros hight mount system on, but someone stole the cans. He put the stockers back on, but gave me the midpipes. Let me know if you are interested.

-Z
Old 01-03-2007, 02:12 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

-Z

Hey Z-Unit, I'll get in line behind 996 Rider in case he doesn't want them, let me know if they have any dings and how much.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:58 PM
Squid

996 Rider is on a distinguished road
Hey Z-Unit,
I sent you some emails through the forum but don't know if I sent them correctly. But, Yes i'm interested.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:49 PM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point

-Z
hmmm was it this one?

https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...ht=bike+stolen
Old 01-04-2007, 11:06 AM
Squid

Z-Unit is on a distinguished road
Yep, that's my baby! I'm originally from LaCrosse, and I've always wanted a black SHawk. I was just about to give up and buy a SV650 when I saw his ad on Craigslist, so I scooped it up! I think I'm going to buy a Jardine high mount exhaust. I thought it would be about the same as buying 2 new TBR cans and brackets (Haven't seen used ones anywhere). I WILL be selling the PINK footpegs and red levers if anyone is interested! Nice catch SH22!

996 Rider: I haven't checked my email yet, but I'll get back to you when I get home tonight. Thanks, -Z
Old 01-04-2007, 04:05 PM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
The stolen cans triggered the memory, I might be interested in the levers if the price is right.