Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

Best for the Bucks?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 06:14 AM
Back Marker

Camelninja is on a distinguished road
Best for the Bucks?

Hey guys, I tried doing a search for flush mount signals to see what everyone else uses to no avail so now I'm asking here.

What flush mounts do you guys think look/fit the best for the money? There is a set on ebay that are exposed LEDs that I might get, but I don't really like the look. The PO put on some sort of flush mount front signals that have ugly orange lenses and that fake carbon fiber looking bodies. They look pretty bad.

Im also in the market for an under-tail kit. If it includes an integrated signal taillight all the better, if not Ill just pick up a separate tail light unit.

Thanks for reading and thanks for the help.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:25 AM
Former Superchicken Owner
SuperBike

RWhisen is on a distinguished road
I am using the Proton flushmounts. Made for the RC 51 but fit perfectly. They operate as running lights and flashers. In fact the flashing portion can be set to "normal" blink rate or "give you an epileptic fit" rate depending on how you wire them.

Name:  Wheels027.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  262.1 KB

Last edited by RWhisen; 09-01-2010 at 06:38 AM.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:56 AM
not-so New Member
Squid

whozit is on a distinguished road
I just went through this too. Most of the aestheticly pleasing options seem to be more expensive as you'd expect. I think I know the exposed bulb type you're talking about and I've seen them in person. Although they function correctly, they don't look very good. I found a triangular shaped set on EBay for $24.95 shipped that are OK. I'll take a picture and post it this evening.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:24 PM
not-so New Member
Squid

whozit is on a distinguished road
I got home a little late for pictures but another member has the same ones I just purchased (but he has a spiffy new paint job). Here's the link:
https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...hp?albumid=395
They are easy to wire up and put on, and they are very visible. Hope this helps.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:37 PM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
I've been using some of the LP units.

Best for the Bucks?-007.jpg
Old 09-01-2010, 07:58 PM
SuperBike

uchi is on a distinguished road
i read that cbr flushmoounts fits, so i ordered a set foir a 600 rr. ill let you know how they fit when they come in, hopefully this week
Old 09-01-2010, 08:46 PM
Squid

johndb is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Camelninja
Hey guys, I tried doing a search for flush mount signals to see what everyone else uses to no avail so now I'm asking here.

What flush mounts do you guys think look/fit the best for the money? There is a set on ebay that are exposed LEDs that I might get, but I don't really like the look. The PO put on some sort of flush mount front signals that have ugly orange lenses and that fake carbon fiber looking bodies. They look pretty bad.
I have a set of Proton flushmounts left over from my Superhawk. Proton sells them for the RC51, but everyone uses that set for the SH. If anyone needs a nice, clean set, I'll sell them for $65 shipped in the lower 48. PM me.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:40 AM
SuperBike

uchi is on a distinguished road
thats a prtty good price on those, had you said that before i posted id have bought them lol.

ok my set arrived. they fit the holes perfectly. no space around the fairings. just use the rubber gasket thing that comes with the bike and the seal up perfectly. the bad, the ones i ordered were wide enough for me to mount to the inner fairing so i had to make a plate to mount them too. very easily done. i had an old smashed headlight, i cut 2 square pieces out of it with my dremel, used some pl premium to stick it to the inside of the outer fairing, a little tape to keep it in place, the next day i drilled a hole in the plastic, put the marker in and wired it all up and it works perfectly.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:02 PM
Squid

johndb is on a distinguished road
I sold the Protons that I mentioned in my previous post. A forum member here purchased them. Thanks!
Old 09-09-2010, 09:17 PM
SuperBike

autoteach is on a distinguished road
If you are looking for something that looks GOOD, then the LP (lockhart phillips) are pretty low on the totem pole. They are cheap, and cheaply made. The proton's, and others in that price range, offer looks and quality that are really tough to beat with a $20 plastic lens that looks suited to a Chinese scooter. There, I said it. After two years of hearing people say LP when others asks about flush mounts and clearly makes the impression that he isn't looking for cheap Chinese junk. Rant off, and I apologize to those who dont yet see it my way (this is my delusion that I am right and others will change their mind because I won't, whether it is right or wrong).

There are a few things that you will look back on spending money towards thinking, "golly, I shouldn't have spent that much money" $60-80 quality turn signals that allow you to be seen by traffic will not be one of them, the same as a good helmet, quality riding gear, and quality replacement parts (tires, chain, etc). Dont go cheap, because that will be something that you regret down the road.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:32 PM
the boss
SuperBike

saige is on a distinguished road
hey,johndb,got the protons,love them,thanks alot,them dam lights are bright when blinking dammmmm just one question,do i gotta change the turn signal relay,i cant control the blinking,the relay acts as if the front lights dont work and blink very fast,the relay is not getting a signal that there are lights there. sorry about the thread jack.........