Members Rides Show off your SuperHawk!

a VTR from France

Old 04-30-2008, 07:07 AM
Squid

JM_13 is on a distinguished road
Smile a VTR from France

Hi Everyone !

I'm happy to join this (big) forum on our favourite bike.

As I'm a Frenchie & I didn't come to US since a least 5 years I will have to improve quickly my English to communicate with you. Please forgive my errors (or fix it, it will help me).

I spent 6 months in Indianapolis (at the IUPUI university), 3 months in San Francisco (near palo alto) and 2 months in Chicago. I enjoyed my stay in the USA, but after something like one year I had to go home.

Regarding Super Hawk Forum, I posted some months ago in the Technical thread, but due to my job I didn't post during the 2 last months

To give you a change to excuse myself, I'll post some picture of the south of France, where I like to ride.

Let start with the "Espigoulier", 13km (something like 10miles) of a magic road....

It's so cute... with flowers... and cuuuurrrvesss

(this part was to warm up the tires)

(100m (30 feet) since the last picture, this view has been took by the Espigoulier peak)

(The 3 next pictures are NOT the same curves.... Due to security issues, I didn't take a picture of each curves, but there are 9km of curves like the ones bellow... (5.6 miles) )

I hope you liked. For those who want to see it on Google Earth make a search on Espigoulier (south east of France).

See you soon on SHF
Old 04-30-2008, 07:11 AM
SuperBike

drew_c14 is on a distinguished road
sweet looking roads, welcome
Old 04-30-2008, 08:29 AM
SuperSport
SuperSport

supermarto is on a distinguished road
Ohh la la! Looks like a nice ride, but where is the SUPERHAWK in the photos???
Old 04-30-2008, 09:09 AM
SuperSport

Death Cattle is on a distinguished road
thats awesome! im going to france this summer, i might have to find that road, and find a bike to ride on it with.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:23 AM
Superstock

kmm996
Sweet roads. Welcome.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:23 AM
Superstock

pigwings
Great roads. Looks like if you went off them once, it would be your last time.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:50 AM
Squid

Thanks Guys for your welcome.

I'll post a picture of my SH soon (it's raining... not a good weather to ride & shoot).

To PigWings, are you kinding ??? you have at least 2 feet to stop if you go off road ... ohhh, I miss to tell you something... the Altitude is 726m (2200 feet) the cliff that you can see on the picture has 150 m depth (approx 500 feet)
(the pictures are the south side, on the north side the cliff is between 380 and 500 m depth (1200 to 1640 feet))

To Death Cattle, if you make a trip in the south-east of france (Bouches du Rhone or Var or Alpes Maritimes states) you will find roads better than this one . Tell me when you will be here & where you will go and I'll send you some interessing roads to visit
Old 04-30-2008, 12:51 PM
SuperBike

RickB is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the site. Some nice riding areas there
Old 04-30-2008, 01:35 PM
Squid

kwad9 is on a distinguished road
Salut copaing !

Your blue VTR, visible on your profile, with MIG hi-mount is beautifull... like mine !

Thanks for the pics, I will try to find this road during my next trip from south-west to south-east, planed in june (note: is far easy to do west to east trip in France than in the US )

The south of France is full of little twisties roads, I ride on many roads in the alps, the french riviera and the Pyrenean, as much pleasant as the ones in JM_13 pics! French road is a marvellous playground for sport V-twin !

Last edited by kwad9; 04-30-2008 at 01:40 PM.
Old 04-30-2008, 03:36 PM
SuperBike

skokievtr is on a distinguished road
Bonjour mes ame! Thats all the French I know but one of my kids is a Francofile and visited last year. I get sick thinking about all the roads in Europe i'll probaly will nebver see let alone ride. You been to the IOM?

As you were in Chicago you may speak a little Chacaga and know how bad our roads are here. If your ever back, try farther north in Wisconsin.

Here is a relatively old shot of me about 3 months pregnant on Lake Geneva WI. The VFRs next to me are riding buds not mine. The next funny shot is of me an my VTR also in the hinterlands of WI. And for our US members, an order of cheeseballs and a brat for who can "name this track" in the last pic.
Attached Thumbnails a VTR from France-ba-lake-geneva-10-1-00-cr.jpg   a VTR from France-road-closed-hah-c2r.jpg   a VTR from France-guess-track.jpg  
Old 04-30-2008, 03:41 PM
RK1
MotoGP

RK1 is on a distinguished road
Viva la France!
Attached Thumbnails a VTR from France-bardot1956_468x666.jpg  
Old 05-01-2008, 01:54 AM
Squid

Originally Posted by kwad9
Salut copaing !

Your blue VTR, visible on your profile, with MIG hi-mount is beautifull... like mine !
[...]
Hi Kwad9, by adding the 'G' at the end of "Copain" that means that you know the south of france accent (specialy the Marseillais )

I've done some changes on my VTR, know I'm using a yosh titanium exhaust line & cans.

I didn't know that MIG exported to the US (MIG was a french exhaust company, it closed 5 or 6 years ago)

To Rk1, Ok Brigitte bardot WAS a beautiful girl... I wrote "WAS" !!!
have you seen her recently ?

to Skokievtr, I'm really surprised that your children learns French, It's difficult to learn with a lot of exceptions & tenses. (In fact, 75% of the french people use 10% of the french language...)
Thin about encouaging him, it will be helpful if he wants to visit the "true" france (I mean not the riviera or Paris)..
I hate the riviera and the big french town, people are stressed, not welcoming, not smilling... if you go in the small towns it's totally different, but in small town generally the residents & the merchants do not speak English.

Regarding the roads in the US, I saw (only in Indiana, Illinois and Ca) that
the roads have not a good surface. But I saw a little part of the US road...

Kwad9, you mentionned that you will be there in june. I have to warn you : Since Sarkozy is president the road police has been enforced. We call them the MIB : Men in Blue, they use embedded speed radars & permanent speed radars. Generally they are not on the twisted roads, but they work on secondary roads & highways.
Depending of the infraction you may have a simple ticket (from 90 to 360 euros).... up to lost your bike (extreme situation, but 2 weeks ago a guy has been took at 254km/h on a 90km/h road (160 mph on a 55 mph road), he losts his bike, his driving license and he will have 2 months in jail..)
So, if you want to play, play only in a twisted section never on highway or straigth line)

Last edited by JM_13; 05-01-2008 at 02:04 AM. Reason: I forgot something about the police...
Old 05-01-2008, 02:19 AM
Squid

JM_13... Si j'écris en anglais c'est juste par respect pour les autres membres du SHF, J'habite dans le sud ouest, et je suis originaire du sud est ...

....Watch my location under my user name !
Old 05-01-2008, 03:52 AM
Squid

Originally Posted by kwad9

....Watch my location under my user name !

What a stupid guy I am !!!

Now I understand why you know our accent

Will you go to the VTR meet in Ardeche ? I'll be there by saturday.
Old 05-01-2008, 04:02 AM
Squid

Nop ! I planned a four day trip in Cataluña/Spain where roads are beautifull !
Old 05-01-2008, 06:03 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Welcome aboard! Wish you could bring those roads over here with you.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:29 AM
Superstock

kmm996
With you living in Indianapolis, you must have really craved the roads in France compaired to Indiana roads (straight and flat.) What did you study at IUPUI. They have an awesome natatorium. I got the chance to swim there when I was in college.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:56 AM
Squid

Hi Guy,

Regarding the IUPUI, I made an internship at the CFD lab (Computational Fluid Departement... a small lab in the basement )

I liked the IUPUI campus, it is very different than French universities (dirt, olds...)

Regarding the indiana roads as you wrote, Indiana has only straight, flat and with a bad surface roads ... but I really liked to try the colorado roads

This week end, we organize the annual VTR meet in france (VTRmag siteweb annual meeting, vtrfirestorm.free.fr/forum). I'll take some pictures for you (If I well remember, we will be 35 or 40 VTRs)
Old 05-02-2008, 03:12 AM
Back Marker

lhoward1134 is on a distinguished road
The roads south of Indy down around Nashville, IN are some amazing roads. No high speed curves, but ALOT of elevation changes and tight curves. I'm looking forward to getting my bike up in that area.

Originally Posted by kmm996
With you living in Indianapolis, you must have really craved the roads in France compaired to Indiana roads (straight and flat.) What did you study at IUPUI. They have an awesome natatorium. I got the chance to swim there when I was in college.