Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Unbelievable tour de france

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 04:12 PM
SuperBike

cliby is on a distinguished road
Unbelievable tour de france

I love following the tour de france. but this year is the worst because of the weekly dismissals for doping etc. and todays news really tops it. Rasmussen is out now too? Maybe lemond was right when he says they are all doing it, or they simply can not compete. I wonder if they'll cancel the event next year.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:58 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
With Lance just down the street this **** is hard to avoid here too. I feel sorry for the sport because I think the overseaers are out of touch with the sport. Just my .02
Old 07-25-2007, 08:58 PM
SuperBike

skokievtr is on a distinguished road
2 wheeled disappointment

I'm a "recreational" bicyclist now (started commuting back in 70' but traffic just got too bad) and use to follow racing & tech closely but have been indifferent to this years TDF. I still believe Floyd is innocent cause the whole deal smells and testosterone isn't really an enhancer anyway. Hardest sport on body & mind IMO (just can be down right painful), and dam good for motorcycling skills & conditioning. If you can stay in the drops for 2+ hours, a 200 mile motorcycle ride on a sport model seems like a dream. In 34+ years on a motorcycle I've never (KOW) been hurt anywhere near as bad as when I face planted when a jerk on another bicycle took out my front wheel passing me on a casual 01-01-07 ride. Spandex does not provide much protection even under 20 mph.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:35 PM
Squid

vtrighty-then is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

Yup....this year's Tour is officially dead and buried. I'm convinced that all the riders are doping and thats not necessarily by choice. If Vino is tromping all over the place, then Joe-domestique better damn well jump on the EPO bandwagon to stay in the game. It sux but its gotta stop or its going to kill the sport! I've been watching the Tour for a lot of years and I refuse to think of all the old stars winning with 'a little help'. The only positive note on this edition of the Tour is that Contador of the Discovery Team is top in overall GC and will likely finish in yellow. BTW,these roadside male fans gotta quit with the thongs and crap. WTF?!!!
Old 07-26-2007, 05:14 AM
Back Marker

bkelsey
It's a pretty sad state of affairs, for sure.

Italian rider Cristian Moreni tested positive for testosterone. Do you think they have different allowable testosterone levels for Italian riders than they do for French riders?