Members Rides Show off your SuperHawk!

Trading in my SHawk...

Old 04-17-2012, 12:03 AM
jet wrench
Back Marker

loserbaby is on a distinguished road
Trading in my SHawk...

Trading in for a new... something special...

Sooo, I test rode an '08 RSV1000R, let me say, I was extremely disappointed in the low end power delivery, felt fast enough once the rev's built, but didn't feel like "160hp" and nowhere as "fun" as the SHawk... I must say that the brakes where phenomenal, and left me wondering if my brakes were wrong somhow when I got back on my bike....

All this said, other than dirtbikes and atc's when I was young, a couple borrowed Honda "cruiser" bikes in my 20's, my SHawk was my first streetbike at 36yrs old, yes, practiced and passed the DMV M1 test, no free rides here... so now have 5yrs and about 22k mi under my belt, (44k on bike now), I bought the big brother...

'04 RC51 and 10k on the clock, she's beautiful, and rides like on rails... but no "rich" "POP" while decelerating (I like that), ergo's are only a little less comfortable, the RSV sucked a little, and is noticeably more high strung than the SHawk, the immediate, roll on wheelie, bottom end isn't there...

Consider this when looking for a new bike... the SHawk, kinda ******' ROCKS!
I won't go back, but I can't ride a wheelie to save my life, so I may be safer on the RC...

Anybody interested in the "Fastest Color" yellow, SHawk... it's a trainer, been down a couple times, mechanically sound, plastic is about a 6/10.
Attached Thumbnails Trading in my SHawk...-user2253_pic608_1334556393.jpg  
Old 04-17-2012, 11:19 AM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Talking

Well, you certainly won't be disappointed with the RC unless you plan on doing long rides. 100 miles per tank and ergo's that kill are the major drawbacks IMO. I spent some time on a buddies RC and loved it. Mainly because I could flog it and give it back! He had killer pipes on the thing, cut down Sato carbon and they just rocked. Best sounding bike on the planet period. I always described winding through the gears seemed like when star trek enterprise went to warp speed. Everything in your peripheral turns into a blur!

Safer on an RC, yeah right, how ever you want to justify owning one go for it. I think if you could keep both you would have the best of both worlds!!