Members Rides Show off your SuperHawk!

Pics at last!

Old 07-26-2009, 06:34 PM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
I think, realistically, I will be looking at about 120-122 hp and 78-80 lb-ft (with some of the gains coming, obviously, from the upped compression ratio, but also some from the refreshing of the engine, plus a tiny amount (@1.2 hp, .8 lb-ft) from the displacement increase). Given how it runs now, I think it will be a REAL hoot to ride. The question is when? (this Fall, next Spring or next Fall)....
Old 07-26-2009, 06:51 PM
Superstock

steve.g is on a distinguished road
Micky,
that's a sweet looking ride... Nice one! Now when you get the engine rebuilt I would gladly test ride it for ya, let you know what I think.. What do you think of Jamies shock? I really like mine,makes the back end much more controlled. Very nice bike, enjoy it!
Old 07-26-2009, 06:59 PM
SuperBike
SuperBike

Gregw is on a distinguished road
Hey Mik,
If you run out of projects, you can always put a set of these on your bike.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:07 PM
MotoGP

Hi Steve,

I am not running one of Jamie's F4i conversations (although I think it would be a great and reasonably priced alternative to a more expensive aftermarket unit) but a stock shock with Gold Valve kit, softer spring (from Vulcan 2000 I beleive my buddy said) and an added-on reservoir from a Ski-Doo factory snowcross race snowmobile. About as one-off custom as you can get, lol FWIW, I also have it shimmed 4.5 mm to raise the rear end and quicken turn-in.

cheers
Old 07-26-2009, 07:08 PM
MotoGP

Thanks for the suggestion Greg but I think I'll pass on that one I kind of like the look for convention wheels (and, well, being a poser....)
Old 07-26-2009, 07:21 PM
Superstock

Quote...I am not running one of Jamie's F4i conversations (although I think it would be a great and reasonably priced alternative to a more expensive aftermarket unit) but a stock shock with Gold Valve kit, softer spring (from Vulcan 2000 I beleive my buddy said) and an added-on reservoir from a Ski-Doo factory snowcross race snowmobile.

Ahh....!
Old 07-26-2009, 07:54 PM
SuperBike
SuperBike

Gregw is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mikstr
(and, well, being a poser....)
Well, that and their mass location makes them the opposite of your wheels for quick turns.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:36 PM
SuperSport

chickenstrip
Originally Posted by 97Wolverine
I like everything except the:
Braz are sexy!

Oh yeah, fantastic bike mikstr!
Old 07-27-2009, 12:13 AM
SuperSport

shayne is on a distinguished road
As we say here, "Nice bike mate".

And how can you say it is finished when you haven't seen the finished result of my EFI mod yet!
Old 07-27-2009, 10:36 AM
MotoGP

Thanks Shayne No EFI for this guy as the carbs work just fine thanks!

I removed the bra today and installed the sliders, now it's cosmetically complete (although the bra may go back on at some point, I like to keep my options open, lol)

cheers
Old 07-27-2009, 11:02 AM
Superstock

Originally Posted by shayne
As we say here, "Nice bike mate".

And how can you say it is finished when you haven't seen the finished result of my EFI mod yet!
Shayne,
when you get your EFI mod done how about posting a thread going through the process? A fuel injected Superhawk. Now that would be a nice bike mate!!.......
Old 07-27-2009, 07:08 PM
SuperSport

shayne is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by steve.g
Shayne,
when you get your EFI mod done how about posting a thread going through the process? A fuel injected Superhawk. Now that would be a nice bike mate!!.......
Will do Steve. I am still designing/collecting parts at the moment. I have most of it worked out though. Then I just need to start the work after I move houses (soon).

Not sure when the job will be done, due to the house move. I don't want to start before that. The other factor is the ECU I want to use has not been released to the public yet. A prototype has been run on an Aprilia, and the production version will be availbale soon they say.

I could use a different ECU, but this Australian made ECU will be the best thing short of a top model Motec. It is a top end unit, and perfect for a Vtwin engine. Some ECU's will only work well on 4cl engines (the firing interval of the twin is harder to control apparently). It can run separate fuel and ignition maps for each cylinder (important for a twin due to differences in intake length and exhaust lenth, as well as cooling), and can have unlimited rpm points at any interval. It can also use wide band oxygen sensors for auto tuning. Not many ECU's can do all that.

So it will come together in time, and I will show evryone the end result. Better not hijack Mikstr's thread any more! I will be good now!
Old 07-27-2009, 08:18 PM
SuperSport
SuperSport

gboezio is on a distinguished road
Good looking, looks spotless.
With all those mods that add up, the thing got to respond a hell better and stop better
I have so much small things that I should fix before slapping a turbo to my bike.
Small things like brakes ,suspension
Old 11-22-2009, 03:57 AM
ole dirty bastard
SuperSport

hawxter996 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by mikstr
Feast your eyes, lol I just have to add the T-Rex-type sliders and it's done for this year. Not the best of pics but you get the idea.

Oh yeah, and 113 bhp and 72 lb-ft too (with plenty more to come, he he), plus a drop of about 30 lb over stock (much of that rotating weight too)

cheers

wow that is one sexy bitch!
Old 11-22-2009, 09:25 AM
Back Marker

badboyrr is on a distinguished road
Very nicely done!