Members Rides Show off your SuperHawk!

My Wings Are Back!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 02:06 PM
Back Marker

saxman is on a distinguished road
My Wings Are Back!!

Here she is.....finished an hour ago. A HUGE thanks to my brother-in-law, Chuck Frymyer, of Frymyer Custom Paint for the help/ doing the paint job! That's him on the bike...now HE wants to ride it..... Also thanks to everyone on here that threw help my way...this site is great! Oh, and to my wife for the time I've spent away and bills I've aquired along the way....
I hope some of you like it, I know it's not everyone's cup-of-tea, but a LOT of hard work went into it, and I'm in love!!!
Now I gotta go ride and catch up on my miles! Later all!
Attachment 3307

Attachment 3308

Attachment 3309

Attachment 3310

Attachment 3311
Old 06-04-2007, 02:15 PM
Superstock

Duck007 is on a distinguished road
VERY nice work. You can tell there are alot of hours spent there. Good job on the flames. I like the base color too.
Yeah, my brother-in-law says I owe him a turn on my bike since I've borrowed his truck a time or two......those are gonna be some tense moments for me! On second thought I'll offer a couple cases of beer instead!
Old 06-04-2007, 02:57 PM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
The flaming exhaust hangers are a nice touch too.

BTW, it looks like your chain is too loose.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:36 PM
Back Marker

Thanks guys.....glad you like it. The beer would be a good idea...better than losin' your bird
As for the chain, it was loose in the pic. Had to roll it outside while the sun was out for pictures, off and on all day. I made the hangers at work one night ...just a little somethin' to help tie it all in.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:09 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Yeah looks like lots of hard work. Nice bike. Definitely won't mistake it in the parking lot
Old 06-05-2007, 04:51 AM
Post Whore Junior
MotoGP

Cleveland is on a distinguished road
Looks good... REAL good. I have that same undertail. I have a problem with it vibrating at the end. Where the UT and rear meet above the tail lights they rub, and have chipped the paint. I say this cause I'd hate to see it happen to you. Maybe take and put a rubber bushing in between them there?
Old 06-05-2007, 10:23 AM
Back Marker

Thanks guys! Cleveland.....I saw that problem when I put her together, so I ran 4 small polished stainless bolts through both undertail and cowl. 2 near front, two right under the bend at the back. Does not budge now...thanks for the heads up tho!
Old 06-05-2007, 11:55 AM
Superstock

MarineHawk is on a distinguished road
Beautiful job, but that windshield looks massive. I believe it was someone here who said it makes it look Alien-esque...I wonder about a black job with green splattered across it with that shield...Hmm...
Old 06-05-2007, 12:37 PM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
excellent work. Only think I don't like is the big 996 on the tail, but that is personal preference. Enjoy riding it now that it flies again.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:02 PM
Back Marker

Thanks guys.
Marinehawk, it's the tall "touring" windshield from ZG....I like protection, I ride about 30K a year. But I agree, it does have an over bearing presence.
Lazn, I know what you mean about the 996....took me a bit to like it, but it is neat, it is done in Harliquin paint, so it changes colors depending on the angle you look at it from (light blue->medium blue->dark blue->purple->light purple->gold). You can see it fade a little in a couple of the pics. The Superhawk on the fairing and the design on the fenders are painted with that also. Like I said, I know everyone won't like some, or all, of it, and that's cool. To each our own. Thanks for the compliments tho! I've got a lot of time in her.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:09 PM
Superstock

Sgt Rock is an unknown quantity at this point
That's a nice Hawk you have there