Members Rides Show off your SuperHawk!

I'm finally back on the Forum, and I got PIX

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 12:12 PM
Run's this town!
Squid

Boxer Man is on a distinguished road
I'm finally back on the Forum, and I got PIX

I left for Boot Camp to become a US Marine 20100809 and didn't graduate boot till 20101105. After a quick week long break, I went back to Marine Combat Training for a month (Till December 16th), and then went to my Primary MOS school in Pensacola FL. I'm at my C school now, training for AV-8B Harriers in Cherry Point NC. I think I finally have enough free time to start visiting again, but Junior Marines (especially those on student status) don't have much free time. I'm not authorized to have my Hawk on base, but in 3 short months I'll be transferred to my permanent duty station and should be able to bring my Hawk down. Here's some pictures of my Hawk from before I left. I've been away from home since November so I haven't ridden her, and pictures aren't current, but she's still not a bad looking bike if you ask me. These were taken when I still worked at the dealership. I had some freetime in my station, so I brought here in, cleaned and waxed her, and took some pictures.
Attached Thumbnails I'm finally back on the Forum, and I got PIX-mms_picture_10.jpg   I'm finally back on the Forum, and I got PIX-mms_picture_12.jpg   I'm finally back on the Forum, and I got PIX-mms_picture_14.jpg   I'm finally back on the Forum, and I got PIX-mms_picture9.jpg   I'm finally back on the Forum, and I got PIX-mms_picture-11.jpg  

Old 03-20-2011, 12:19 PM
Run's this town!
Squid

Boxer Man is on a distinguished road
Here's a little family history:

Dad, Brother, and I on his Hawk back around 1998
Dad and I 1998
Me 1998
And then here's me on my very own after I bought mine in July 2010
Attached Thumbnails I'm finally back on the Forum, and I got PIX-scan0001.jpg   I'm finally back on the Forum, and I got PIX-superhawk_2.jpg   I'm finally back on the Forum, and I got PIX-superhawk.jpg   I'm finally back on the Forum, and I got PIX-me.jpg  
Old 03-20-2011, 12:41 PM
geezer
SuperSport
SuperSport

oahu hawk is on a distinguished road
Nice bike...and congrats on becoming a U.S. Marine...

Last edited by oahu hawk; 03-20-2011 at 08:47 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 03:37 PM
Back Marker

ninjagoalie is on a distinguished road
thank you for your service, my friend. Semper Fi.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:42 AM
Squid

Scott Shand is on a distinguished road
Congrats to you Marine and thanks for serving! When you get to your permanent duty station you'll need to take the Motorcycle Safety Foundation's basic rider's course to get decals for your bike. Even though I've been retired since '99 I had to also since I work for DON as a civilian now and wanted to ride to work and just get on base when I felt like it. It was a very good course and I'm glad it was there and required. The usual and expected gear (gloves, hard soled boots that go above the ankle (no tennis shoes), helmet and eye protection, if it's evening hours reflective gear and always long sleeves as a minimum). Enjoy your time and if there's one thing I would have done differently in 23 years of service it would have been to take advantage of the nearly free college while I was in. I could have had several degrees before retiring! Semper Fi young man!
Old 03-28-2011, 10:03 AM
Back Marker

superhen is on a distinguished road
Love that pic with your Dad. Following in the old man's choice of bike must mean you listened to him (at least a little). Gives me hope that maybe my 2 chuckleheads are listening!

Brad
Old 04-02-2011, 01:09 PM
SuperBike

finepooch is on a distinguished road
i feel old.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:44 AM
SuperBike

Old Yeller is on a distinguished road
What a smart guy your dad is picking out the fast yellow color! ;-)