SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Members Rides (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/members-rides-35/)
-   -   I'm finally back on the Forum, and I got PIX (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/members-rides-35/im-finally-back-forum-i-got-pix-24982/)

Boxer Man 03-20-2011 12:12 PM

I'm finally back on the Forum, and I got PIX

5 Attachment(s)
I left for Boot Camp to become a US Marine 20100809 and didn't graduate boot till 20101105. After a quick week long break, I went back to Marine Combat Training for a month (Till December 16th), and then went to my Primary MOS school in Pensacola FL. I'm at my C school now, training for AV-8B Harriers in Cherry Point NC. I think I finally have enough free time to start visiting again, but Junior Marines (especially those on student status) don't have much free time. I'm not authorized to have my Hawk on base, but in 3 short months I'll be transferred to my permanent duty station and should be able to bring my Hawk down. Here's some pictures of my Hawk from before I left. I've been away from home since November so I haven't ridden her, and pictures aren't current, but she's still not a bad looking bike if you ask me. These were taken when I still worked at the dealership. I had some freetime in my station, so I brought here in, cleaned and waxed her, and took some pictures.

Boxer Man 03-20-2011 12:19 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here's a little family history:

Dad, Brother, and I on his Hawk back around 1998
Dad and I 1998
Me 1998
And then here's me on my very own after I bought mine in July 2010

oahu hawk 03-20-2011 12:41 PM

Nice bike...and congrats on becoming a U.S. Marine...

ninjagoalie 03-20-2011 03:37 PM

thank you for your service, my friend. Semper Fi.

Scott Shand 03-27-2011 07:42 AM

Congrats to you Marine and thanks for serving! When you get to your permanent duty station you'll need to take the Motorcycle Safety Foundation's basic rider's course to get decals for your bike. Even though I've been retired since '99 I had to also since I work for DON as a civilian now and wanted to ride to work and just get on base when I felt like it. It was a very good course and I'm glad it was there and required. The usual and expected gear (gloves, hard soled boots that go above the ankle (no tennis shoes), helmet and eye protection, if it's evening hours reflective gear and always long sleeves as a minimum). Enjoy your time and if there's one thing I would have done differently in 23 years of service it would have been to take advantage of the nearly free college while I was in. I could have had several degrees before retiring! Semper Fi young man!

superhen 03-28-2011 10:03 AM

Love that pic with your Dad. Following in the old man's choice of bike must mean you listened to him (at least a little). Gives me hope that maybe my 2 chuckleheads are listening!

Brad

finepooch 04-02-2011 01:09 PM

i feel old.

Old Yeller 04-04-2011 07:44 AM

What a smart guy your dad is picking out the fast yellow color! ;-)