Members Rides Show off your SuperHawk!

Got a duc 996 in my stable

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 07:07 AM
Superstock

t-dogg is on a distinguished road
Got a duc 996 in my stable

Actually holding it for my friend but im dreaming it is mine. I was out riding riding with him and there is a road around us that has had 100+ motorcycle accidents including fatalities and he bit it hard on the last curve. He went into a ditch goin about 40 hit his head on the pavement and tore lots of ligaments in his shoulder. He is pretty tough or stupid i'd say cuz we both pushed it out and he rode it to a nearby gas station. I rode home and got my truck and an ambulance was takin him away when I got back to the gas station. I have no idea where he lives, only thing I know is his first name! Sooooo I guess i'll just hold it in my garage till he needs it, but i dont think that will be for a while. Sure looks good next to the hawk. All the damage is on the other side. The thing is chromed out and has lots of ohlins suspension stuff, but the clutch is rediculously loud. Im gonna have to ride it and make sure nothing is messed up lol...
Attached Thumbnails Got a duc 996 in my stable-ducati-002.jpg   Got a duc 996 in my stable-ducati-001.jpg  
Old 10-28-2010, 08:46 AM
ride it out
SuperSport

nothing is on a distinguished road
just tell him you traded it for another hawk, so you could be twins (get it?). and it was my hawk you traded for, straight up and all!
Old 10-28-2010, 11:55 AM
Honducati
SuperSport

jbaxx is on a distinguished road
Wow. NICE!!
Old 10-28-2010, 11:57 AM
Honducati
SuperSport

jbaxx is on a distinguished road
...on the right side anyway
Old 10-28-2010, 01:17 PM
Superstock

Mattaua is on a distinguished road
looks uncomfortable but I'd still rock it
Old 10-28-2010, 01:28 PM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by t-dogg
I have no idea where he lives, only thing I know is his first name
Should be able to find that from his registration / insurance that should be with the vehicle.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:57 PM
Superstock

Yeah I did eventually look at that and texted him to see if he wanted me to take it there for him, but he said it stays in a locked garage so its stuck with me. I took it out for a ten mile spin to see if anything was bent and i dont see how he rides that thing. The *** is so high and front is so low, I have to look stright down to see the gauges. The seat is like a block of wood and the position is just so cramped up. The thing is definently more powerfull than my hawk, but the transmission is the clunkiest thing ive ever shifted and the suspension is extremely stiff. I always wanted a ducati, but like my hawk way way better than this one anyway...
Old 10-28-2010, 02:57 PM
I loves me twins
Superstock
Superstock

NooB is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by t-dogg
...i dont see how he rides that thing. The *** is so high and front is so low, I have to look stright down to see the gauges. The seat is like a block of wood and the position is just so cramped up. The thing is definently more powerfull than my hawk, but the transmission is the clunkiest thing ive ever shifted and the suspension is extremely stiff. I always wanted a ducati, but like my hawk way way better than this one anyway...
LOL I know what you mean, I've ridden my buddies 1098S and everything about it was over the top, extremely aggressive. You really have to know what you're doing to be able to ride one with any skill. For a bike that impractical you really have to love the brand name. Screw that.

It's **** like that keeps me from riding with just anybody. It sucks to be stuck on the side of the road when someone wads up their bike. By the way, how did you end up ridding with that guy?
Old 10-28-2010, 03:06 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Chrome and Ducati just don't go well together.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:20 PM
Superstock

There is a local forum called assfault junkies that I ride with, thats how I met him. He's actually a damn good rider, just got a bump by surprise. He was wearing his one piece Teknic leather suit and still tore his sholder up that bad.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:48 PM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 97Wolverine
Chrome and Ducati just don't go well together.
I would personally extend that line of reasoning to include virtually any sportbike (well, most anyhow)....
Old 10-28-2010, 07:59 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
SCORE!!! But of course you could just buy a tambourine and make your VTR sound like a Duc with a dry clutch. And yes, chrome and Ducati just isn't right.

Back in 2003 my wife was walking with a few friends in the hills behind San Clemente when a woman on a mountain bike came hauling *** down the hill, out of control, and smashed into one of her friends. Both got hauled away in the meat wagon. Since my wife was driving our 4Runner, she told the woman on the bike (her husband's) that she would take the bike home, and gave the woman our phone number. It was a high end GT full suspension mountain bike, and it wasn't damaged.

When I got home from work, I rode it and decided that I had to buy a good full suspension bike to replace my hardtail, which I figured would be the last bike I would buy so I could afford it. No more than a week later I was, and still am, the proud owner of a 2003 KHS XC704r with SID Air front and rear suspension, and I love it. I bought an '04 model for my wife the next Valentine's Day.

The woman's husband picked up the bike two days later and was very thankful for my wife's help.

Hope your friend heals up soon.