Members Rides Show off your SuperHawk!

First Bike rwb cb700sc

Old 02-22-2014, 06:38 PM
Squid

KrakenNuts is on a distinguished road
First Bike rwb cb700sc

Hey guys I just picked this 86 RWB cb770sc up for 1500, has 27xxx miles on it and runs great. It will be my first bike and hopefully will be a good one.
The instrument cluster is in rough shape and was wondering if they made any after market option or am I better off repairing it.

I loved the rwb but after looking at it in person I saw it has some cosmetic issue so I decided to paint the fairings. I've only have a picture of it primed and thrown together because I just finished painting them today. I went with something a little unconventional I am young and love the look of lime green don't hate lol. I'll be posting pictures of it back together tomorrow.

Also I am considering making some custom black/white decals where could I get these made? I will be making all of the artwork (graphic design major). Just need to know if there is a company out there that prints custom decals, pref vinyl.
Old 02-22-2014, 06:39 PM
SuperSport

jscobey is on a distinguished road
welcome, just curious as to how you landed yourself on this forum?
Old 02-22-2014, 06:57 PM
Squid

KrakenNuts is on a distinguished road
Well I did a decent amount of research before I bought the bike because I wanted a easy to maintain bike that I could ride long distant on going back and forth between home and college. I found this bike on a forum similar to this but that forum required me to use gmail which because my school email is connect I could not, which kind of p*ssed me off. Long story short I was looking for a for a forum site that I could get advice from.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:07 PM
Back Marker

Appletonhawk is on a distinguished road
Reminds me of my first bike (1985 Yamaha FZ750).
Old 02-22-2014, 07:27 PM
Squid

TAMPAHAWK68 is on a distinguished road
You might want to find a cbxxxx forum. Not unless your looking to convert it over to v twin power. Lol. Glwp
Old 02-22-2014, 11:37 PM
SuperBike

Wicky is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by KrakenNuts View Post

Also I am considering making some custom black/white decals where could I get these made? I will be making all of the artwork (graphic design major). Just need to know if there is a company out there that prints custom decals, pref vinyl.
If you've got Adobe Illustrator then export vector PDFs of what you want and take them to your local vinyl sign writer/print shop. Make sure you've created outlines for any text so you don't run into any font problems, double check size and decide what colour vinyl you want.

Chat and get to know them and the vinyl printing process and the options they have which in turn will influence what designs you can achieve.

http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewto...13333&p=224170
Old 02-25-2014, 04:59 AM
ole dirty bastard
SuperSport

hawxter996 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by TAMPAHAWK68 View Post
You might want to find a cbxxxx forum. Not unless your looking to convert it over to v twin power. Lol. Glwp
I dont know if you have noticed.
But this forum is slowly dying.
I say lets welcome other honda models.
Lets keep this comm resource available.
Otherwise it will be gone sooner than we all want.

Welcome honda brother!
Old 02-25-2014, 07:36 AM
Squid

TAMPAHAWK68 is on a distinguished road
I've noticed. Its not that the site is dying..if you look at users online, there is always 60-100 online at any given time..95% of them are always guests. Pretty standard these days on any forum. Wasn't trying to be rude to the guy, he has a cool first timer project to work on and hope he gets it on the road. The only help you can seem to get on this site recently is..do a search..not going to get much help on a cb on this site.
I don't consider myself an expert mechanic, but I am way better that most and willing to help out anybody that needs it.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:34 AM
Superstock

insulinboy is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TAMPAHAWK68 View Post
I don't consider myself an expert mechanic, but I am way better that most and willing to help out anybody that needs it.
+1, well except I have worked as a mechanic in a kawi shop.. kind of sad considering my PVLIR issue isn't it

I've always loved that era Nighthawk. They were my favorite and almost what I picked up instead of the Superhawk.

As for the gauges, I kind of always liked the stock set on that bike, part of the appeal to me, though now I guess they are kind of Dated. While nobody makes a set specific to any bike in the aftermarket department there are a whole lot of universal options. Koso gauges are expensive but are my favorite. I plan to get a set for my track bike eventually when I can afford to fling the money at it, just because the shift light would be useful.

Multi Functions