Knowledge Base Feedback, Questions on Knowledge Base articles.

help

Old 05-13-2018, 08:41 AM
Squid

March84 is on a distinguished road
Angry help

I rode my motorcycle to the shop to get the mechanic to look at the clutch he replaced because it was still slipping, he then informed me I needed a gasket which I had to order it took 2 weeks to come in so my bike sat in his shop. The gasket came in the next day he calls me and tells me that water is mixing with my oil and he didn't want to work on it anymore, he said u need to buy a suzuki or kawasaki...I feel like this guy may have did something to my mans bike on purpose because they had previously rode together and my man passed him and was unaware that nobody is supposed to pass the president of the club...?? There were several other situations that occurred after that ride that gives me reason to suspect foul play as well. We rode the bike to his shop and everything was fine just a small slip in the clutch which is what he was supposed to be looking at!!! PLEASE HELP he only got to ride 2 months and we have 4000 in that bike and I really want to get it back on the road..any ideas what this could possibly be???

Last edited by March84; 05-13-2018 at 08:44 AM. Reason: typos
Old 05-13-2018, 08:51 AM
SuperBike

Wicky is on a distinguished road
Find another workshop and get them to take the clutch cover off to check the water pump seal. Also search the forum for the downloadable Honda Service Manual which you and they might want to read through to help diagnose and fix the problem.
Old 05-13-2018, 03:06 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Sound advice above. Get it the heck outta that guys possession. Slipping clutch is not mormal on these bikes. Also make sure the clutch hydraulic system is clean and bled with fresh fluid. The slave cyl get pretty nasty if not properly maintained. Same for master cyl.
Old 05-14-2018, 07:35 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Slipping clutch is commonly a slave cylinder issue, but that is besides the point for now.

As they had the side cover off and now its leaking coolant into the motor, couple of possibilities.
Its not leaking, it LEAKED..in that even if the coolant system is drained, unless you blow it out with a lot of compressed air, some coolant ends up getting in the motor when you take the side cover off...It takes very little to cause a mess..... Did they drain and refill the oil after the cover was reinstalled? If not, that may be all that is wrong...Just some emulsified oil.
Or they did not use a new side cover gasket, which almost always cause a leak.
They did not install it correctly, or by coincidence the water pump is leaking into the motor,, but that is a rare deal as there is a coolant drain for when the seal wears and passes coolant, that drains out the pump, and not into the motor..

You need a new shop or to do it yourself, what ever the reason, they are not providing you trustworthy work.

Pick it up, check that the cover bolts are present and snug ( just snug them up, or check that they are) if good there, drain the oil, and change the filter... with plug out, pour in 2 qt cheap oil, cheapest you can find and let if "flush" out what is in the motor, make sure bike is stating straight up.

refit drain plug and new filter, add your oil, make a note of coolant level in the expansion bottle, start and let run for a few min.. Stop and check oil in sight glass...is it "overfull" meaning that coolant is likely in the motor mixed with oil.. ,, NO, of, is the sight glass filled with white/gray foamy mess? No ox, look in the cover though fill hole, is it a white/gray foamy mess in there? NO? ok.
Start and run it for a bit, go for a 10 min ride... Drain the oil..see any signs of coolant?

If the clutch seems to feel like its slipping, likely the system has air in it, and or there is sludge build up in the slave cylinder. The hydraulic clutch system can be a pain to belled at times... back bleeding from slave to master often works to get rid of a trapped air bubble. If that still does not work, but the slave cylinder to cover gasket and the piston seal...then remove, disassemble and clean the slave cylinder. Clean and flush out the master cylinder...reinstall everything fill, and bleed,

Last edited by E.Marquez; 05-14-2018 at 05:33 PM.
Old 05-14-2018, 09:31 AM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
It might be easier to find someone that can help if we knew where the bike is located.