General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Yellow shock adjustments HELP

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 04:06 PM
Superstock

ClevelandSuperhawkRumble
Yellow shock adjustments HELP

just curious... since im a new superhawk owner for 9 days... i just remembered the guy i bought it from was 240lbs , 6'2" , and I AM 5'9", 160 lbs. the rear yellow shock is set at second highest knurled tier on that circular dial which i HAVE NO tool for.... where should it be set? i am doing only city suburban warfare riding along with some high speed twisties on occassion. i have no idea how to turn it except vice grips, WHICH I GUESS WOULD WORK... BUT I DONT KNOW WHERE TO SET THAT ONE OR THE TWO PRELOADS. thanks a lot guys.... once again. just tryin to prep up for the road and warm weather.
Old 03-12-2005, 05:26 PM
Superstock

cdyer77
you definately need the shock adjustment tool to adjust the spring preload. Try to find a tool kit on ebay or somehwere cheao that will have the tool in it.
I'm 6'-0", 165 lbs, riding pretty aggressive, carry no passengers, and I had mine set at 3 "steps" up from the bottom. You dont want the rear too firm so that it doesn't move. When you sit on the bike the rear should drop a little bit, if that helps you at all (not very technical)
Old 03-12-2005, 07:12 PM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
Re: Yellow shock adjustments HELP

Do yourself a BIG favor and google suspension sag. A little effort now will reap benefits on any bike you ride. Even basic suspension components like the superhawk's will give you the best they can when set up properly.

I think it's sportrider.com that has one of the best and easiest to understand.

I don't see all that many VTR tool kits around but the spring load tool is pretty much a standard honda item. You can either ****** up a kit from another bike or get one from you local honda shop ($$$). Speaking off, you could probably ask them real nice if a: they have a spare laying around or b: let you borrow one from one of the used bikes till you can get your own.
Old 03-12-2005, 10:23 PM
Superstock

ClevelandSuperhawkRumble
Re: Yellow shock adjustments HELP

thanks again guys.... ill get my own set... googled up !