General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

why so many used hawks?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 10:42 PM
Squid

MotoHawk is on a distinguished road
why so many used hawks?

Have you guys noticed how many used hawks are around? Sea-tac has at least 3 on Craigs List a day; and then there are the TLs... Why doesn't anyone wanna hold onto this classic? It has the friggin biggest carbs Honda ever made, the biggest! So what if it gets worse gas mileage than your honda cr-v, the thing is a beauty.
Old 04-21-2014, 06:47 AM
SuperBike

xeris is on a distinguished road
The Hawk was never a very popular bike. Not near sexy enough for wanta-be racers. That impression has only increased as the bike has aged. That said there are those both here and on other forums that understand what a gem this bike is. Like most cults, the following is small. Think Jonestown and Kool aid.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:45 AM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
Not enough used hawks in my area...

I guess there are 5 floating on CL right now in the phoenix/tuscon area, but for the last 3-4 years that I've been looking it's never been more than that, and is usually around 1-2 bikes. I keep waiting for a nice parts bike to come around, but there isn't much to choose from.

Now, if I wanted a Sportster I can find over twenty that were posted just this morning! So I guess it's all relative, and no one who isn't already hooked on the bike wants to mess with tuning the huge carbs or 120 mile range.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:15 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Yeah around here in South Florida there are a few here and there but I wish there were more. And those that are here are usually overpriced...there's one that's up for the third time now-once on here, then twice more on craigslist. Price has gone up each time too a total of about 2 grand as well-now up to 5k. Must be pretty special as I remember it on here a year or so ago for 3.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:31 AM
Squid

jagg1174 is on a distinguished road
I have seen a slight increase since I got my hawk 2yrs ago, couldn't find a bike in my region without serious searching now I've seen 3 in various conditions pop up for sale
Old 04-22-2014, 08:41 PM
Deals Gap is a Hoot!
Back Marker

SIRR1 is on a distinguished road
Craigs List

It's springtime in CONUS and people are looking for that ideal motorcycle and right now it's a sellers market.

People want stupid prices for bikes in the spring but that does not mean they will get what there asking for!

Finding a sport bike that has not been down is kind of hard to find and when you do find one it will get a premium price.

Generally sport bikes are given to 18 year old males as graduation gifts and with in a month or two if they still have a license the bikes are usually trashed at least that is how it goes around my neck of the woods.

Mostly it's the 600 class of bikes that are sold the most around here and by the end of summer there looking pretty rough.

So purchase your used sport bike at the end of summer to just before Christmas for the real deals when the kid snags the title from dad and unloads the bike when he is not looking!

JMO/SIRR1

Last edited by SIRR1; 04-22-2014 at 08:44 PM.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:19 AM
SuperBike

xeris is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by SIRR1
It's springtime in CONUS and people are looking for that ideal motorcycle and right now it's a sellers market.

People want stupid prices for bikes in the spring but that does not mean they will get what there asking for!

Finding a sport bike that has not been down is kind of hard to find and when you do find one it will get a premium price.

Generally sport bikes are given to 18 year old males as graduation gifts and with in a month or two if they still have a license the bikes are usually trashed at least that is how it goes around my neck of the woods.

Mostly it's the 600 class of bikes that are sold the most around here and by the end of summer there looking pretty rough.

So purchase your used sport bike at the end of summer to just before Christmas for the real deals when the kid snags the title from dad and unloads the bike when he is not looking!

JMO/SIRR1
That's very detailed scenario. You wouldn't have personal knowledge of such things? LOL
Old 04-26-2014, 10:19 AM
ScotchRocket
Squid

scotchrocket is on a distinguished road
I picked up my Hawk in November for a steal. It was the only Hawk in Central Virginia and wasn't even labeled. I got lucky. After 2 years, I've only seen one other Hawk posted in my area.