How many hawks have you owned?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 03:41 PM
Remember stock is BAD!
SuperSport
SuperSport

divingindaytona is an unknown quantity at this point

After keeping up with the list for about a year now I have noticed that some of you are on your 2nd or 3rd Shawk.

I know that life happens, but I was wondering why you bought the same bike........again

Old 01-03-2005, 06:14 PM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
Re: How many hawks have you owned?

Well I'm on #3 right now.

I bought a used 88 NT650 back in the early 90's. (Hey you said "hawks"!) I didn't "buy" into the mystique. That thing had absolutely no motor and here in the land of the straight that's the kiss of death. It also had a strange behavior of losing power in crosswinds.

My next one was the first 98 (Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Is it here yet?) my local dealer pulled out of the crate. It set the record for the longest stint in my garage (nearly 4 years) and was only my second new bike in nearly 20 years of riding at that time. When I told friends that I had sold it, I quickly followed with, "another one will be in my future".

Fast forward to this October and that other one is another 98. I meant to sell my Suzuki Bandit 1200S first but you know how those things can kind of happen (that's what I tell the wifey anyway!).

Doug
Old 01-03-2005, 08:15 PM
Squid

nomead

2nd superhawk, both 99's. I should've kept the original, but after owning it for 9 months and putting a whopping 700 miles on it, I knew I wanted it to have a good home. The first looker to come around knew every detail about the bike (more than I did) and wanted my bike in my color but not from a dealer. He gave close to asking, and I couldn't refuse. I gained custody of my son 1 month after buying the bike.

The second time, I had a few project bikes in the garage all which came to a standstill. Nothing I could do about it; they were all held up by paperwork.. The right deal came along on teh right Superhawk, 99 with 4000 miles and babied. I jumped all over it like a fat kid on cake. Looking to sell again, but will likely buy if a beater came along for dirt cheap. I don't like prisitne bikes; it's too hard to keep that way
Old 01-03-2005, 11:46 PM
faz
Superstock

faz
This is my first superhawk, but let me tell you this: if, for whatever reason, I loose this bike, I will DEFINITELY replace it with another. Not the slightest hesitation.

Not that I am not interested in other bikes... personally I love to buy another 600 and may be an R1 later on, but the superhawk will be sharing the garage with them.
Old 01-04-2005, 11:24 AM
SuperSport

NOrrTH is an unknown quantity at this point

This is my first real street bike, if you don't consider my late 70's CB 125 I bought new.

It was one of those "love at first site" deals. After many drooling trips to the local motorcycle shops, I saw it and bit the bullet (I was actually looking for a TLR).

Its the most babied, well taken care of vehicle I've ever seen. It came with a full history, right down to what type of oil was put in and when since day one. Everyone thinks its brand new and its a '98 with about 28k on it.