General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Where to mount XT Ultra Lap Timer

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 09:33 AM
Back Marker

YTKinWI is on a distinguished road
Where to mount XT Ultra Lap Timer

I'm currently in the market for an XT Ultra lap timer for use at STT trackdays. I'm in Wisconsin and my bike is in NC so I can't go out and see where to mount the receiving unit. So, what length cable will I need (2' or 6') and where is a good place to mount the receiving unit?
Old 02-19-2010, 10:07 AM
Superstock

NCDave is on a distinguished road
mine is battery (not the XT Ultra), but I have mine on the fairing just below my bars. Well, probably more like in front of. I see lots of guys with them on the back of their bikes though, like above the rear brake light area. Seems like that might be a good spot so that you could put the main unit under the seat?
Old 02-19-2010, 10:34 AM
SuperBike

RCVTR is an unknown quantity at this point
I think the rear cowl is best if you plan to do tracks that run in opposite directions.
Some people use the flat section of the fairing beside the tank, but then it's only visible on one side.

Make sure the transmitter is positioned on a straight section. It won't pick up when the bike is leaned over.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:58 AM
Superstock

NCDave is on a distinguished road
I just move mine from side to side depending on where the track lazer is positioned. it's stuck on with velcro, which surprisingly, seems to hold just fine at a buck 35+.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:38 PM
Superstock

speedkelly@aol.com is on a distinguished road
Mounting lap timers

Velcro works perfect for mounting these units. When I was racing I would mount it over the speedo unit (velcro) so I could see my time's. Now I just velcro it inside of the tail section (remove toolkit and attach with velcro) then just mount the infrared reciever to the outside of the tail section also with velcro.
Never had any problems doing it this way. If you look on ebay there are always a few used ones for sale or go to the Wera for sale board. If you are just wanting basic lap times the Mini works great.