General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Where has your superhawk taken you?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 08:05 PM
Squid

jjansenrs is on a distinguished road
Where has your superhawk taken you?

What kind of trips have you guys taken on the Hawk? Any crazy adventures/stories? Fun rides? Close calls?

After 5 years of ownership and 30,000 miles under my wheels, it still hasn't been further than 200 miles from my house. Mine has taken me around the track at Road America multiple times, It's seen the Hydroelectric dam on the Wisconsin River, and it has crossed the steel grate bridge in savanna illinois, which is one of the last grate bridges crossing the Mississippi. She hasn't seen much except for a lot of back country roads where I prefer to do most of my riding, but I hope to take some gnarly road trips on her next year! Wildcat Mountain is on the list as well as the dragon!
Old 10-26-2016, 10:34 PM
Superstock

RedStormJ is on a distinguished road
In 3000kilos I have gone to the ocean, seen the peninsula of the prefecture. Gone to some god awful damn on mountain roads. Rode through the local mountain trails. Taken me to work in the wet or searing heat and visited a cool statue 150 miles south. Kyoto and tokyo are on the list. It just costs 45 each way to go to tokyo...
Old 10-27-2016, 06:51 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Tx to Indy for Moto GP, 1300 plus miles non stop 23 hours for an Iron butt award.
Tx to route 66 in Oklahoma... two days of riding the route and sightseeing, then home.
Tx to colorado, three days of riding in the mountains, then home .

Think those are the longest multi day trips .... but many, many all day rides as well.
Old 10-27-2016, 11:02 AM
Not Realy A Squid
Squid

waltr is on a distinguished road
Many 2 or 3 day trips all over Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Nevada, Montana and California.

Portland to the coast down to Eureka thru the avenue of the giants to Redding thru Lassen national park to Chester by Susanville back into Oregon and back to portland. 1250 miles, 3 days.

Portland to Montana, thru Glacier park, Lolo pass, several north eastern oregon stops and back to Portland. In my buddies driveway at 7:00am Thursday and having a beer in Kalispell MT at 8:00pm. About 6 destinations and back home at 11:30am Sunday, 1765 miles.

I have seen the painted hills, all up and down the coast and dozens of interesting spots in Oregon that I would never have been without these rides.

I even have a picture of me standing by my Superhawk parked in front of a 9 foot snow bank in Lassen park.................in late July!

Almost 30,000 miles in 3 years.
Old 10-27-2016, 08:47 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Over the Brooklyn bridge in 6 inches of snow. Up the FDR in Manhattan at -5*F. All over NY state to Canada. On some off road trails.
Old 10-30-2016, 03:20 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
as of last night, 22,800 miles in since my crash last Jan
Old 11-02-2016, 07:41 AM
Squid

jjansenrs is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by E.Marquez
as of last night, 22,800 miles in since my crash last Jan
That's a lot of riding in less than a year!

We had a nice weekend and I took a day trip up to Wildcat Mountain. The road through there is amazing along with some other county roads nearby! Also stopped in La Crosse and at Devil's Lake State Park. 400 miles in one day.
Old 11-02-2016, 08:29 PM
Squid

sabermammoth is on a distinguished road
Today mine took me about 10miles and ran out of gas. The light never came on.