General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

What did you do with your SuperHawk today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 11:16 AM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Squid
neighbor paid for damages up front. Feel bad for talking bad on him so Ebay-ed a new tank, ASV shortie levers, Tail section, LED light strips, and found a supplier of exhaust tubing for my custom headder pipe in still have 300... Dude felt so bad that he wouldnt let me give him the extra back. Thanks Neighbor! Soon as i get back state side I will have 4 months till riding season, more time for mods and take him out for a beer.
He's well worth the beer... It seems it was an honest mistake, followed by an honest man doing what needed to be done...
Old 08-21-2012, 11:19 AM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Tweety
He's well worth the beer... It seems it was an honest mistake, followed by an honest man doing what needed to be done...
Old 08-21-2012, 01:02 PM
Rider
Squid
Squid

Superchicken du nord is on a distinguished road
I picked up my hawk from the dealer today after about a month in the shop. It's still not running right...so time to get some second opinions! (It's good from the bottom end through the upper middle end of the throttle position...after about 7/8 throttle...it runs like crap).
Old 08-21-2012, 06:06 PM
SuperSport

twist is on a distinguished road
doh!

went to start my machine for a ride. No joy, it wouldn't start. I checked and checked but could find nothing wrong. After nearly running the battery to a puddle of goo I noticed the kill switch. I depressed the switch and, varoom! It came to life and ran fine. Recruit move #2. working my way up to sir squid status.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:49 PM
Superstock

Bandit400man is on a distinguished road
I hit a freakin turkey! A flock of em were walking across the road like I was going to yield or something. Figured this would be a good time for a controlled impact with a small animal, for learning purposes. I caught this little one with my right foot/peg. I looked back and it was flopping around, in distress. So I turned around and figured I'd finish it's suffering. But it was already dead. So at that point, I thought, WTF? I spend hours out in the woods trying to hunt them and here I got one with the Superhawk! So I stuffed it into my tank bag, brought it home and plucked and cleaned it. Its in my fridge now marinating LOL. At least I wont have to spit out buckshot!

Name:  IMAG0073.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  107.0 KB
Old 08-23-2012, 08:32 PM
Back Marker

VtrInMtl is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Bandit400man
I hit a freakin turkey! A flock of em were walking across the road like I was going to yield or something. Figured this would be a good time for a controlled impact with a small animal, for learning purposes. I caught this little one with my right foot/peg. I looked back and it was flopping around, in distress. So I turned around and figured I'd finish it's suffering. But it was already dead. So at that point, I thought, WTF? I spend hours out in the woods trying to hunt them and here I got one with the Superhawk! So I stuffed it into my tank bag, brought it home and plucked and cleaned it. Its in my fridge now marinating LOL. At least I wont have to spit out buckshot!

Where are your mirrors??
Old 08-23-2012, 10:27 PM
Now What?
Squid

98hvtr is on a distinguished road
Replaced R/R

My stock one that the p/o replaced crapped out. Put in a new R1 from following Hawkriders post. Thanks hawkrider. Same battery, but it got charged up in a short ride. Awesome.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:11 PM
Superstock

Bandit400man is on a distinguished road
VtrInMtl they are bar ends...perfect helmet hangers. But they wouldn't have helped me see them turkeys any better LOL
Old 08-24-2012, 07:21 PM
Squid

DEVAL is on a distinguished road
300 kl day

Left at 9:30am got hair cut then went to home depo got part for bbq then got skates sharpen,went home picked up my son went on a 150kl run,after supper took off and went on a 100kl tour
Old 08-27-2012, 12:03 PM
Squid

TJ91 is on a distinguished road
Took the VTR for a group ride with my buddies. Had an R6, ZX6r and then a Ducatti 1198 joined us for a bit and man, loved hearing another Vtwin blast by me.
Brought her home and noticed a foul smell coming from the bike, it smells like death lol Ive never smelt anything like it before and have no clue what it is.
I need to order the parts to do the R/R mod and am reading into the CCT issues. Im a newb so trying to catch up fast on this bike mechanically.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:59 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Pics or it didn't happen!!

Kardiac996, hoovie and I went for a 120 mile ride. My nephew came along on the 600RR. I let him ride the Hawk for about 20 miles to meet them. I think he liked it (never been on a twin or 1000).

Name:  P020912_1121.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  292.1 KB
Old 09-02-2012, 04:55 PM
Squid

Mustve been a fun ride Wolverine! I dont have a pic of that group ride but I do from a previous group ride. Ill post up a pic.
I went out for a ride today, all my buddies were unavailable so just did a solo cruise. Went riding for about two hours and found some nice new twisty roads. Been stressing lately and it was nice to just let go of everything and have some me time. Love riding this bike.
Well got it home, and smelt that dreadrul smell. Took off the seat, and the RR was ringing like a grenade went off, and then tracked the smell to the electrical connections behind the tail light. So I parked the bike and am about to order a RR as I type. No more riding until I get the swap done.

Oh and I did the 8 hole mod, but now I want louder and want to do the full bafflectomy and just read that I dont necessarily need to get a jet kit so ill probably be doing that mod real soon too
Old 09-05-2012, 07:47 AM
Squid

jcvtr is on a distinguished road
Adjusted the tps to 540 ohm. Felt better.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:09 AM
Back Marker

kardiac996 is on a distinguished road
Here is the video for our outing!

Was a lot of fun despite the damp conditions.

I didn't realize Jake was your nephew! That's cool man! I also didn't realize his was a 600 lol I think I have it labeled as a 1000 in the vid. oh well...

Originally Posted by Wolverine
Pics or it didn't happen!!

Kardiac996, hoovie and I went for a 120 mile ride. My nephew came along on the 600RR. I let him ride the Hawk for about 20 miles to meet them. I think he liked it (never been on a twin or 1000).

Last edited by kardiac996; 09-05-2012 at 09:11 AM.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:58 PM
Squid

Thanks for posting the vid. Man waiting for the R/R swap is killing me. Been a week since I last rode
Old 09-08-2012, 10:07 PM
Squid

mileyguard is on a distinguished road
i put my hawk up for the season very very early for me to do this but tires are shot , and with my job situation better to put her up early then take the chance of putting her down again
Old 09-09-2012, 12:14 PM
Superstock

Bearshawk is on a distinguished road
went for an 80 mile ride from grand marais MN to grand portage, on the largest freshwater lake in the world, not a bad view almost the whole time

too bad it was 53 degrees and the riding season is almost over

Old 09-30-2012, 10:56 PM
Connie Demico does toad?
Superstock

GlockPointer is on a distinguished road
I put 157 on the speedo this evening. I had a long enough straight to hit that and look down, back up, consider going faster, then needed to brake. The road was a wet, two lane, hill country, twilight deer trap, that's why I wussed out.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:23 AM
Former Superchicken Owner
SuperBike

RWhisen is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by GlockPointer
I put 157 on the speedo this evening. I had a long enough straight to hit that and look down, back up, consider going faster, then needed to brake. The road was a wet, two lane, hill country, twilight deer trap, that's why I wussed out.
My guess is that you weren't far off the top anyway. I was down in Waco Saturday, were you riding near there? Freaking rain was kicking it then.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:36 AM
Connie Demico does toad?
Superstock

Of course it was not really 157 as I have 16/45 chainwheels, but it was damn fast! I was near Johnson City and we had sporadic showers yesterday. I didn't figure out the road was wet until I started seeing dry spots. I was leaning pretty well at 100+ in the curves and it was fine since I didn't realize the road was wet I didn't worry about it!
Anyone able to figure what my speed may have really been? 135, 140?
Old 10-01-2012, 10:25 AM
road racer v2 power
Superstock
Superstock

lloydievtr is on a distinguished road
put it away for winter
Old 10-01-2012, 09:38 PM
Connie Demico does toad?
Superstock

I'm sorry to hear that Lloyd.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:18 AM
SuperBike

Of course it was not really 157 as I have 16/45 chainwheels, but it was damn fast! I was near Johnson City and we had sporadic showers yesterday. I didn't figure out the road was wet until I started seeing dry spots. I was leaning pretty well at 100+ in the curves and it was fine since I didn't realize the road was wet I didn't worry about it!
Anyone able to figure what my speed may have really been? 135, 140?
I put a SpeedoHealer on mine. Lots of deer out there.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:39 AM
Connie Demico does toad?
Superstock

Hitting a deer at that kind of speed could only help my situation. I did clip an armored dillo but neither was hurt.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:22 PM
SuperBike

Hitting a deer at that kind of speed could only help my situation. I did clip an armored dillo but neither was hurt.
I can't imagine what situation that would improve. Armadillo you mean?
Old 10-04-2012, 09:49 PM
Squid

jcvtr is on a distinguished road
replaced my clutch plates to EBC clutch and harder springs. fuel efficiency improved! (or was it slipping always)
Lock up my rear wheel going hot into a corner. Bad move.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:35 PM
Connie Demico does toad?
Superstock

Originally Posted by RWhisen
I can't imagine what situation that would improve. Armadillo you mean?
Dude, no more taxes or mortgage would be an improvement. The dillo was all good until at the last instant he 180'ed and ran into my front tire. I saw him going on his way in the mirror.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:12 PM
Squid

Booker909 is on a distinguished road
Brake line and helmet lock

Installed an SS brake line on the back that I had sitting around for a few years...

I know it's too long but it was free!

Also made my own helmet lock...

Name:  IMAG0129.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  108.6 KB

Excuse the crappy body work the previous owner did.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:21 PM
Connie Demico does toad?
Superstock

Hey Booker, did you notice an improvement in braking? How old are those ccts?
Old 10-13-2012, 09:14 PM
Squid

Booker909 is on a distinguished road
Did notice a nice difference with the SS line especially after 14 yo rubber tubing. I haven't had the bike for more than a month but I haven't noticed anything that would lead me to believe there's anything wrong with the cc tensioner.

Quick Reply: What did you do with your SuperHawk today?