General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Well hello

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 01:06 PM
That one guy
Back Marker

Meier Link is on a distinguished road
Well hello

So this seems to be the right section of the forum to post this. I am the new guy. I moderate a few other forums so I have a good idea about the rules.

I am an experienced rider that has owned a lot of different bikes in my life. A few months ago I purchased a 1998 superhawk that was in really rough shape. Over the next few months I spent time adjusting the shocks to keep the bike lowered in the back end while still maintaining the suspension. Moved from there to the motor which had to be tore down and rebuilt. Loving the V style motor and huge carbs on this bike and then I redressed the lady with new fairings and front wind shield. Also had to have the entire bike rekeyed so that everything i need access to i can now open haha.

My plan was to flip the bike for a profit and after 1 ride I knew this bike was to fun not to keep. After doing a little research I found out she is one of the very few still running in Oklahoma of her kind and even more so in her year model. Right now she has about 17k miles on her.

Out side of the bike I am a single father with full custody of my 2 kids, I am a practicing experienced A&p mechanic and also play drums in a newly formed band that we have named "Not in Public".

So hello! Sorry if I posted this in the wrong area but I didn't see a section for noobs to say hello in.
Old 06-28-2015, 02:13 PM
SuperBike

scottiemann is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the forum!!!

Post some pics of the bike, better yet post pics from how you recieved it to how you have it now.
Old 06-28-2015, 05:43 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Welcome Meier! Everything else is usually for anything that isn't moto related so I moved this to general where you'll get more traffic.
+1 on the pics. Let's see whatcha got!
Old 06-28-2015, 08:23 PM
Squid

VtwinFr33k is on a distinguished road
Hello back..! And welcome, you're going to find A LOT of killer bikes on this forum, be ready..!
The people are happy to help also..!
P I C T U R E S help, so get em posted..!
I'm just going to run the small .75 spikes from the lower point under the marker light, up around the sides of the shield, thanks for the compliments..!
Old 06-28-2015, 09:02 PM
Superstock

Big_Jim59 is on a distinguished road
Hey Meier, Your Superhawk experience sounds a lot like my own.

https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...art-vtr-32858/

They are great bikes and amazing fun. I am just getting used to mine since I have had it for quite a while but never had a chance to ride it or even hear it run before having to rebuild it.

Where in Oklahoma are you? I am near the Texoma area.
Old 06-28-2015, 09:27 PM
That one guy
Back Marker

Meier Link is on a distinguished road
I am in the Broken arrow area. I have tried to post pics but my phone being as smart as it is won't let me post them here. Attachments dont seem to work. Possibly file sizes. When I get time I will post the entire rebuild of the bike. It's been agrravating and fun at the same time.

Thank you all for the warm welcome.
Old 06-29-2015, 05:14 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Meier Link
I am in the Broken arrow area. I have tried to post pics but my phone being as smart as it is won't let me post them here. Attachments dont seem to work. Possibly file sizes. When I get time I will post the entire rebuild of the bike. It's been agrravating and fun at the same time.

Thank you all for the warm welcome.
Welcome from Texas.
You're not the first to fall prey to the SH and be stuck with one for life....

File size is limited to 4.77 mb
You can also host them on a free service like photobucket, and then link from there.