General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

VTR1000 vs VTR1000F

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 07:53 AM
SuperBike

Erik S. is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by AdamK
No, I unerstand where you are coming from it is just that Tweety does it with respect and tact.
You are a member of this forum, correct? He may have in this thread, but you must have missed some of the others where he was in full flame mode. Check his signature. Search to see if he's ever told someone "Use the search function".

But I'll let you believe that i'm the only ******* on the forum, if it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:00 AM
Always Learning
Back Marker

AdamK is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Erik S.
You are a member of this forum, correct? He may have in this thread, but you must have missed some of the others where he was in full flame mode. Check his signature. Search to see if he's ever told someone "Use the search function".

But I'll let you believe that i'm the only ******* on the forum, if it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy.

DEAL!!!! (sorry for the whole thread jack).
Old 04-28-2010, 08:03 AM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Hey... I dont use tact? Do I?

Nah, seriously I try, so does Eric... We migth not always succed on the tact part, though... But the respect is there...

Now if ya wanna hug it's up to you, but if ya do I'm keeping clear...

Otherwise lets get back to our originaly scheduled whackyness...
Old 04-28-2010, 09:28 AM
Back Marker

offroad_rider2008 is on a distinguished road
I totally agree, " tis better to keep your mouth shut and thought a fool, than open it and remove all doubt"
Old 04-28-2010, 10:39 AM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by offroad_rider2008
I totally agree, " tis better to keep your mouth shut and thought a fool, than open it and remove all doubt"
You know, we wouldn't need a forum then... Nobody would have anything to say...

Me, I already removed all doubt long ago, so I'll keep talking...
Old 04-28-2010, 01:39 PM
SuperBike

RCVTR is an unknown quantity at this point
I've never written anything that sounded stupid when I was writing it.

I always discover that later...
Old 04-29-2010, 03:31 AM
Superstock

hondavtr1000sp2 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by B4gvnNow
OK, this is THE most basic of questions, what's the difference between the VTR1000 and the VTR1000F?

I am 90% sure I'll be a SupreHawk owner by Sunday. Working with a seller in SoCAL on a 2000 w/ 16,500 miles, 2 owner. Both owners have kept a maintenance log, etc. The pics show a very clean machine.

Any gotchas, recalls, questions, etc. that would be suggested to be asked ahead of handing over the $2800 asking price?

THANKS to all.
Erik you are harsh, i know from experience !

I think i know where you are coming from, he says "he is 90% sure he will be a superhawk owner by sunday". & yes i know in the U.S the rc51 is the rvt/sp1/sp2. But at no time does he clearly write that he is just refering to the superhawk & that he does know the differenc between all models of superhawk & rc51.

Maybe if he posted saying that he knew what a rc51 was but he was refering to the superhawk this would have saved alot of confusion.

Last edited by hondavtr1000sp2; 04-29-2010 at 03:33 AM.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:51 AM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by AdamK
There is always that warm luvy duvy feeling on these froums.
**** luvy duvy, hatey schmatey, or whatever. Just tell it like it is. You want luvy duvy or do you want the raw truth of how another perceives it? what do you expect from these "froums" anyway? lol
Old 04-29-2010, 06:02 AM
SuperSport

residentg is on a distinguished road
I have a couple of Honda dirt bikes - a few actually. Anyway, it is generally understood in the dirt bike side of the house that the suffix "F" means "Fun" and the suffix "R" means "Racing". So, a CRF230F is a 4 stroke "Fun" bike, whereas a CRF250R is a 4 stroke "Racing" bike. The prefix "F" means that it is a Four stroke, if it is not present, it is a 2 stroke. So, a CR250R is a 2 stroke "Racing" bike. There are other letters such as "X" for serious trail bike, but I do not recall them all.

On the street bike side, many years ago the suffix "F" meant that it was a four cylinder. So, a CB750F was a "Citizens Bike 750cc Four Cylinder". The suffix "T" was for Twin, the suffix "A" was for Automatic transmission. The suffix VT meant V-twin eg FT500VT was Flat Track 500cc V-Twin, I have one of those, get more looks than any other bike that I have owned.

Based on this, I will liberally conclude that RVT1000 is a Racing V-Twin and that a VTR1000F is a V-Twin 1000cc that is Fun. A VTR1000 SP1 or SP2 is a V-Twin Racing 1000cc Service Pack-1 and Service Pack-2 (that is a bit of Microsoft humor), the "F" is absent, so it can't be very much "Fun"

This does not answer the OP's question, but it does show my age, and how bored I get at times. Oh yes, one more thing, I am the biggest dick on this board, I usually just keep it to myself. JB
Old 04-29-2010, 06:34 AM
MotoGP

Actually according to Hondas own denominations in older manuals CB means 'Common Beam' ie an inline engine with a common cam, and CBR means 'Common Beam Racing'... But I'd say your explanantion is just as good... I think the idea's on this have been many through out the years, both from Honda, and from the riders...

VT is V-twin, no doubt about that and F is definetly 4 cylinder... That explains almost all of the VTR1000F... And fun or not... The Model is RVT 1000R so it's in line with those old times you remember... Not a two stroke though, but I hope that's OK...

Now all we have left to figure out is the R in the VTR1000F... It's probably not racing in that name though...
Old 04-29-2010, 06:56 AM
SuperSport

residentg is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Tweety
Actually according to Hondas own denominations in older manuals CB means 'Common Beam' ie an inline engine with a common cam, and CBR means 'Common Beam Racing'...
Common Beam - I like that better than Citizens Bike. You meet the nicest people on Hondas. JB
Old 04-29-2010, 02:29 PM
personal memory disabled
Squid

draqqora is on a distinguished road
well.....if some of u say that vtr is allmost the same **** with rvt, can u tell why i cant put rc51 fairings on my hawk????????????....or maybe if some of you know what i have to do to put rc51 body on my hawk, plz help, i would really appreciate it!
Old 04-29-2010, 02:59 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by draqqora
well.....if some of u say that vtr is allmost the same **** with rvt, can u tell why i cant put rc51 fairings on my hawk????????????....or maybe if some of you know what i have to do to put rc51 body on my hawk, plz help, i would really appreciate it!
It's definetly not the same... Not almost, not even close...

Unfortunately I'm gonna give you a very unpopular response... Use the friggin search dude!

There are I believe 3 or more threads with people putting RC51 fairings on a superhawks... One of them fairly detailed with descriptions on how it was done... I found all of them in less than 10 seconds... You have asked in 3 different threads how it's done... That must have taken more effort to read in those and ask than actually searching for the answear...
Old 04-30-2010, 04:06 AM
SuperBike

Erik S. is on a distinguished road
Watch out Tweety, Adam might finally realize that you're not so luvy duvy. HAHAHA
Old 04-30-2010, 05:02 AM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by draqqora
If your hawk had a "Common Beam", you might be able to make them fit.hahaha. Sounds like you want them to fit so badly you're trying to will it to happen. Ratioanlize your *** off. The key ingredient here might be "some of u say". Personally, I'm going to withhold judgement on this OCD, AR topic til I see the decade old Honda emails on this subject.

Welcome to the forum draq.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:23 AM
Always Learning
Back Marker

AdamK is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Erik S.
Watch out Tweety, Adam might finally realize that you're not so luvy duvy. HAHAHA

NO WAY!!!!
Old 05-10-2010, 05:36 AM
Squid

heng47 is on a distinguished road
Late to the conversation but just to add to the ambiguity, here in Japan, VTR refers to the little 250 while Firestorm refers to the almight VTR1000F. Then theres the SP1/2.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:04 AM
personal memory disabled
Squid

draqqora is on a distinguished road
Unfortunately I'm gonna give you a very unpopular response... Use the friggin search dude!

There are I believe 3 or more threads with people putting RC51 fairings on a superhawks... One of them fairly detailed with descriptions on how it was done... I found all of them in less than 10 seconds... You have asked in 3 different threads how it's done...

like it say's under my pic..... PERSONAL MEMORY DISABLED.... sorry for the question!....anyway, waitin u for a beer , on me!
Old 07-12-2010, 06:00 AM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Wow, really? This thread kinda reminds me of my younger years when I used to argue with my older sisters just for the sake of arguing.

B4 did ya get t the Superhawk yet?? We're waitin' for some pics.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:10 PM
Back Marker

CANADAVTR is on a distinguished road
Tweety, I'm impressed! Good on you and kudos on the languages! As a Brit, I appreciate that English is a difficult language to learn. To be honest, until I saw you were in Sweden, I thought your grammar came from an English education! Take that as a compliment, if you will...
Old 07-13-2010, 01:38 AM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by CANADAVTR
Tweety, I'm impressed! Good on you and kudos on the languages! As a Brit, I appreciate that English is a difficult language to learn. To be honest, until I saw you were in Sweden, I thought your grammar came from an English education! Take that as a compliment, if you will...
Thanks for the kudos...

Nope, no higher education in languages, I choose electrical engineering and mechanical engineering instead...

And BTW English is easy... Try learning Swedish or Finnish... The grammar will make you cry... It's not a couple of rules and a couple of exceptions... It's like 5 rules and then 50 exceptions to each rule... And just to confuse any English speaking person trying to learn, we have completely re-arranged the structure of a sentance...

An example... In english you can "put the car in the garage", "put the children to sleep", "put the keys on the table"... Try to put those sentances together in Swedish using a dictionary and people will look at you like you are crasy... That's where the exceptions come in play... You need to use three different words and different sentances for that to get it right...
Old 07-13-2010, 11:52 PM
SuperSport

ranchomice is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ima98chickenhawk
dude! where did you learn the word "disabiguation"? and when did that start getting used in conversations? and isnt this your second language? man... i feel even dumber now. thanks tweety..
Oh dear, here we go again. lol
Old 07-14-2010, 08:16 AM
MotoGP

Thanks for the kudos...

Nope, no higher education in languages, I choose electrical engineering and mechanical engineering instead...

And BTW English is easy... Try learning Swedish or Finnish... The grammar will make you cry... It's not a couple of rules and a couple of exceptions... It's like 5 rules and then 50 exceptions to each rule... And just to confuse any English speaking person trying to learn, we have completely re-arranged the structure of a sentance...

An example... In english you can "put the car in the garage", "put the children to sleep", "put the keys on the table"... Try to put those sentances together in Swedish using a dictionary and people will look at you like you are crasy... That's where the exceptions come in play... You need to use three different words and different sentances for that to get it right...

now we can understand the origins of your OCD. lol. Learning other languages when you're older is difficult when compared to learning when you're brain is developing. My uncle was stationed in Rome and his three kids were fluent bi-linguals without any formal education in either language. The funny thing is when they came back to the US, oldest was 10 yrs. old, as they aged they lost it all. Evidently, the pathways were not fully formed.
the other interesting thing is that some people's brains seemed to be wired to pick up languages easier than others, or maybe it has something to do with photographic or otherwise excellent memory. Unfortunately, I'm none of the above.hahaha. I was just reminded of this when my 8 yr old grand son recounted minute-by-minute events of a camping trip we did a year ago. That said, it seems like I can remember the bad things quite well. hahaha
Old 07-14-2010, 09:03 AM
MotoGP

Well, the funny thing is, I'm actually dyslectic according to the experts... But as for spoken language I pick it up surprisingly easy... Go figure...

Apparently my coping mechanism is a photographic memory, I don't read word's or sentances, I "store" pages or paragraphs in my head and then breaks them apart into something that makes sense to me... Apparently that's backwards...

But the upside is that I can still write down the periodic table (chemistry) that I stored in my head for highschool chemistry, and most of the mathematic formulas I ever crammed in there as well, from memory alone...

I got accused of cheating on a math test when in university, I couldn't "learn" the math since it didn't make sense to me, so I instead stuck all the formulas in my head, and when I got to the test I took a paper wrote them all out and started trying them on the maths problem, to see which gave a meaningfull answear... The supervisor accused me of bringing that paper in as a cheat-sheet... So I had to write down the formulas again several times out of memory to prove the fact that I hadn't brought the paper in... When I had written down that and about half the general formulas from the book we where allowed to bring, from memory, they believed me... (It's a hundred page book, 108 pages actually... )

And that's probably also why I get annoyed when people start asking the same questions that have been answeared 10 times before... I can bring up most of those conversations from memory, not needing to re-read the threads... Or I can just point them out, and since I remember the title of the thread I have no trouble finding it using search...
Old 07-14-2010, 09:50 AM
MotoGP

Well, the funny thing is, I'm actually dyslectic according to the experts... But as for spoken language I pick it up surprisingly easy... Go figure...

Apparently my coping mechanism is a photographic memory, I don't read word's or sentances, I "store" pages or paragraphs in my head and then breaks them apart into something that makes sense to me... Apparently that's backwards...

But the upside is that I can still write down the periodic table (chemistry) that I stored in my head for highschool chemistry, and most of the mathematic formulas I ever crammed in there as well, from memory alone...

I got accused of cheating on a math test when in university, I couldn't "learn" the math since it didn't make sense to me, so I instead stuck all the formulas in my head, and when I got to the test I took a paper wrote them all out and started trying them on the maths problem, to see which gave a meaningfull answear... The supervisor accused me of bringing that paper in as a cheat-sheet... So I had to write down the formulas again several times out of memory to prove the fact that I hadn't brought the paper in... When I had written down that and about half the general formulas from the book we where allowed to bring, from memory, they believed me... (It's a hundred page book, 108 pages actually... )

And that's probably also why I get annoyed when people start asking the same questions that have been answeared 10 times before... I can bring up most of those conversations from memory, not needing to re-read the threads... Or I can just point them out, and since I remember the title of the thread I have no trouble finding it using search...
I've spent about 8 yrs. working with handicapped children, and I have quite a bit of patience an perseverance(i.e.,usually. haha). However my memory sucks and dyslexia, and was forced from left to right handed by nasty catholic nuns who broke rulers over our hands and then made our parents pay for them. haha. Went to college with a kid like you. Used to **** me off. Studied all week trying to learn a 300 page book and ended up with a B or C grade and this ****** would lie in his bunk the night before the test and turn pages for an hour or two and ace the test. Then to add insult to injury, he could tell you the page # of trivial info when we quizzed him. You're fortunate to have that gift but should understand that others of us that haven't been so fortunate will not be able to compete on your level.

You're memory is similar the autistic savant who inspired the "rainman"(film) in that he can recall everything he ever read. Maybe you think in pictures too like my wife, whereas I have difficulty visualizing things. If I get turned around a couple times, I have trouble finding my way out. hahaha Anyway, bear with us lesser minds brother, we'll get it eventually, but we need repitition and viewing from different perspectives to assimilate the knowledge you absorb like a sponge.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:40 AM
Superstock

pwshadow is on a distinguished road
Tweety does have a pretty good head on his shoulders. I may not agree with some of his opinions but you can bet if my bike brakes he's the first one im gonna ask.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:26 PM
MotoGP

Well... The downside of having photographic memory is that it tends to make you lazy... And don't worry, I'm not nearly as bad of as "rainman"... I read plenty of texts that I don't remember much of, but if I concentrate on it, like a text in school before a test, it's "stored" and it stays in there... Same goes for a forum conversation that I'm interested in, and learning something from... It's in there more or less permanently...

And while you can "store" information with it, it doesn't make understanding it any easier, and dyslexia basically means that most texts are gobbely-gook to me unless I concentrate on understanding them... And that goes just as much for basic everyday reading as advanced texts... When I get tired at the end of the day, and you ask me to read something as simple as my own name, it's about as meaningful to me as an inkblob... It might sound stupid, but I honest to good cant comprehend it unless I'm alert enough to concentrate on it... And that's very frustrating at times... The good thing though... When I'm alert I can like you said basicly flip through a book and if you ask me I can tell you what page, which part of the page, and probably quote the information pretty literally... I just "read it" in my head...

The sponge thing is pretty accurate though, since I apparently pick stuff up also without really knowing it... But once in there it takes effort to understand it... So that doesn't make me much different than the rest of you...
Old 07-14-2010, 01:28 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by pwshadow
Tweety does have a pretty good head on his shoulders. I may not agree with some of his opinions but you can bet if my bike brakes he's the first one im gonna ask.
Well, if you did, I'd be getting scared... The world isn't ready for two opinionated ******** like me... Needs a few counterbalances...

Doesn't mean I'm going to stop having an opinion though...

Besides there are plenty of people on this forum that knows a lot more than me... I'm still learning stuff... The difference though is that since i basically store all I read, I'm not asking that many questions, but I still learn daily...

nath981 is one of them, RCVTR, Hawkrider, 8541Hawk, the list goes on... If I don't mention your it's not cuz I forgot, it's cuz I'm to lazy to write all the names...

Last edited by Tweety; 07-14-2010 at 01:33 PM.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:03 PM
Squid

Jim Langevin is on a distinguished road
fairing question

Can i put this on my 1998 vtr 1000 firestorm if i also buy the lights for the fairing ???

Fit Honda 2000 2005 VTR 1000 RVT RC51 SP1 SP2 Fairing ABS Bodywork 0g | eBay
Old 04-16-2013, 04:50 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Jim, start another thread PLEASE!!!!!