General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

vaccum pump idea. warning stupidity inside.

Old 02-05-2017, 06:02 AM
Superstock

RedStormJ is on a distinguished road
vaccum pump idea. warning stupidity inside.

I was farting around looking for one time use vac pumps. When it dawned on me. Engines draw vaccum. DuH. The vtr draws hard vaccum.... Could I safely idle and draw enough vaccum to bag my tank up. One time use and I'd make sure I didn't resin up the line. I already have the ports from doing the carb balance so its ready l. I just want someone to say rob you'll f*** up your bike you dumb p****.
Or say there's not enough vaccum you t***.
I was also thinking I could weigh down the bagging plastic with sand just in case. I'm almost ready I'm just waiting on the resin. Should be here next week.
Forgot to say I'm quite serious and I'd use a one way valve so I didn't have to keep it on.

Last edited by RedStormJ; 02-05-2017 at 06:19 AM.
Old 02-05-2017, 06:11 AM
SuperBike

Wicky is on a distinguished road
Better to use a vacuum cleaner with a bicycle one-way inner tuber valve. Job done
Old 02-05-2017, 12:54 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
I agree don't use your bike for a vacuum. (never thought I'd be typing that.)

Also a mityvac brake bleeder with an aquarium one way valve will work.
Old 02-05-2017, 07:00 PM
Superstock

I'm not saying you guys agent right but I just have to ask. Why not? Here's my only reasons I could think of not to:
1.Risk of resin in the engine. If I keep my eye on it this should be a non issue.
2. A slight lean condition. This should be no worse than having a broken vac line for under a minute.
3. risk of is sucking up a foreign object. Again f I pay attention the only thing that I should be risking is a piece of lint in my vac line.
4. Not enough pull. This is the only factor I can't figure at all. I know a car can pull -22hg. But cfm exct.
Ive read on the break tool before. I think in a post by you. Its Just so big! I'd be pumping forever.
I can't is e the post and I just woke up but. Did one of you guys say a vaccum .... Like a shop vac? Would it pull enough. The main reason I need to vac my parts is air bubles. I will bee shoveling sand over the mold bag for pressure. People do that all the time. So please guys dmb it down for me because My aluminum rear rotored or hand made as rotors didn't happen due to drum advance. More so the aluminum rotor. Thank god.
Old 02-05-2017, 08:43 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
So its your bike, go ahead, try it.

But can you quickly explain why you would want to use a 996cc v twin as a vacuum?

In my world, when I tempt fate by doing something like this, it can only lead to great regret. If you are not concerned with that as a possible outcome then go nuts, do whatever.
Old 02-05-2017, 08:59 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
For **** sake, why stop there? Use a larger hose and clean up after yourself.
https://youtu.be/BlFYJO_4UkI

Old 02-05-2017, 09:05 PM
Superstock

Ah and there blows the best why not. Poor vaccum. I'd bet this thing has terrible vaccum don't it!
I could use any engine its just the bike won't throw a code and does have 448 cubes to sick in with. Wife's kei car perhaps?

Ahh! I can't like posts on my phone!! Wolverene that post was the best! Its right up there with the bag of sand port job.

Last edited by RedStormJ; 02-05-2017 at 09:08 PM.