Two Brothers Hi-Rise Cans

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 07:14 PM
Squid

PhilM is on a distinguished road
Two Brothers Hi-Rise Cans

G'day all
First post on your site.
I'm from Perth in Western Australia and was wondering if through your own personal experience you could possibly answer my query.
I presently own a 2002 vtr1000 but due to the vtr being on its last production run,I am going to buy a new one b4 they all go.Just call it an update. I have for the last 6 months or so thinking about a new bike and in the interum have been test riding yamahas suzukis other honda models etc but I have now come to the conclusion that for a good alround reliable bike you just cant go past the vtr/superhawk,so I have decided to go with that bike again.
My question is by fitting a set of Two Bros. hi-rise cans to the new bike can I also in conjunction,fit the VENTURA rear bike rack.[I assume you are familiar with the Ventura product??]
From past experience when I had a set of Aussie hi-rise Staintunes fitted,I couldnt also fit the rear rack,which was very useful for doing the odd long ride and to carry all of my gear etc I had to remove the Staintunes and refit the original cans,which became a bit of a pain to keep taking cans off,putting cans on etc.
If any of you guys have had this experience with the Two Bros cans any advice would be appreciated.
I am finalising the deal on the new vtr this coming week,and I am not sure whether to go for the hi-rise cans or the normal mount cans due to my requirement to have the Ventura rack permanently fixed on the bike.
Another question is how good are the Two Bros cans? I have heard locally that they seem to have the best sound output on the vtr without being overly loud.
Thanks for any input
Regards Phil
Old 06-22-2007, 08:06 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Hey Phil, welcome aboard! I don't think anyone's been disappointed with Two Bros products. They make nice stuff. I've never had a ventura rack but I did see that the pipes davidhartley is selling (that I offered to buy ) are tbr's and are mounted to a ventura rack...You may want to ask him about how they fit up. If you look at the picture in the classified he appears to have mounted them directly to the rack. From the looks of the picture it looks like the rack mounts to the rear hanger bolt, so I'm assuming you'd need to work out some kind of spacers with longer bolts to have the hangers mount flat. If you're going w/o rear pegs then maybe a spacer the same width as the rack for the front bolt and two longer bolts. I guess this will tend to have the cans sit further out...If you're going with pegs then you're going to have to play with some different spacers (which you're going to have to do either way) here and there to 1, get everything to sit flat, and 2, to space out the pegs enough to clear the cans...Of course this is all if you want to keep the two bros hangers. I guess you could also simply do something like what he did. Hope this helps...