General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Trailers

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 08:34 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Trailers

Hey guys. During my last deployment some a-hole decided he wanted my 3-rail bike trailer more than I did. So now that summer's here and track days are in my future I'm looking at buying another trailer. This one will be enclosed. Any experience with brands, sizes, etc? I'll be pulling with our Trailblazer SS, towing capacity of 6800 lb, though I would like the lightest trailer possible. It will need to hold 3 bikes and have a pulldown ramp/door in the back. Also, does anyone have experience with a dealer on the east coast (SC to NJ). Budget is $3500.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:11 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
I usually see them for sale on street/race forums. All my race buddies got theirs this way as they tend to be set up for bikes and well maintained. NESBA, NESR, WERA, Speedzilla, etc.

For example 6x12 Pace American Enclosed Trailer - NESBA TrackTalk Forum
Old 04-08-2012, 10:24 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Yeah, I was thinking about setting up a small nuclear reactor with 4160V generator, wired to fry anyone who comes within 6 inches from it. Probably a liability for the kids in the neighborhood though....

I think the best bet is one of those alarms with a loud *** air horn mounted on top of the trailer, set off by movement, powered by an onboard car battery with solar battery tender to maintain it.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:11 AM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Are you considering used? I've seen quite a few on my local Craigslist.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:39 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Greg, Did you find a trailer yet? Here is one.