General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

The Time has come

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 10:55 AM
Back Marker

2whltuner is on a distinguished road
The Time has come

My Fellow Hawkers,

The time has come for me to move on from the Superhawk. The area in which I live, Phoenix, is no longer an area in which I can exploit the virtuosities of the of the Superhawk. I built my Superhawk to run the canyons of So. Cal. Since I no longer live there, well, the canyons of Arizona are just to far off (100miles in each direction) for me to truly enjoy my Superhawk. (I am not getting any younger, I just turned 58)

I have changed up my riding now to the "Sport Touring" class, I have purchased a 2015 Yamaha FJ09 (can you believe it, I am a life long Honda owner, all three of my bikes are Honda's but unfortunately Honda does not offer a bike that is comparable to the FJ09) to provide my significant other and my (our) riding enjoyment (sport touring).

So with this being said, I will now begin the process of removing the "performance" items from my Superhawk and begin selling them here on the forum. I will start with the major items and then work down to the spares. I have a lot of performance items and a lot of spares. Keep tuned to the classified section and watch for my posts.

The Superhawk is one of the best bikes out there. I truly will miss "that" ride, but again, times change.

2WHLTUNER
Old 07-06-2015, 03:06 PM
SuperBike

scottiemann is on a distinguished road
Oh man! I'm so glad your parting it now and not 3 months ago because I would be broke lol

Dont be a stranger though once your done selling everything and good luck with your new fj
Old 07-06-2015, 03:19 PM
Superstock

Hangfly is on a distinguished road
From what I read, you will love that Yamaha/triple engine . The FZ-09 is quite the beastly thing but with weak forks.
The FJ is supposed to sport improved suspension, better saddle and wind screen of course. Great choice!
Old 07-06-2015, 03:59 PM
Back Marker

Badboy01 is on a distinguished road
Sorry to see you moving on, but enjoy the new Yamaha! Enjoy
Old 07-06-2015, 04:00 PM
Back Marker

NH-Raptor is on a distinguished road
Why not own both bikes for when the wife doesn't come with you?
Old 07-06-2015, 08:13 PM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
Good luck with the new ride. Nothing wrong with the tuning fork bikes... most of mine have been from there ,never had a stitch of problems with any of them. Truthfully, the reason I bought the VTR was because Yamaha didn't make a liter-size big twin..... Enjoy the FJ-09, seems like a great bike and should give you thousands of trouble-free miles.......