General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Thinkin about selling the Hawk...

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 11:25 AM
Superstock

t-dogg is on a distinguished road
Thinkin about selling the Hawk...

Well had her for about 6 years now and have a crap ton of money and time put in it, and I find myself never riding it anymore. I ride a drz400sm all the time now and the sh just isnt cutting it. It could be the lack of twistie roads in FL (being forced by the military to live here). The sh just isn't that fun to ride down here, unless I got into wheelies and stunts, which I hear FL cops hit real hard on wheelie lovers. I love the uniqness of the bike and the looks I get all the time, but damn if I cant enjoy the performance of it then whats the point in keeping it. My wife loves the idea, go figure. For the guys with multiple bikes, whats your guys reason for keeping the hawk all these years?
Old 03-28-2012, 12:07 PM
Superstock

blamecanada is on a distinguished road
well I have a **** load of fun tracking mine...theres probably race tracks in FL you could check out?

Its not like I have tons of bikes, but I rode 100+ miles to a track day, rode my bike on the track as fast as I could, then put the mirrors, and lights back on and rode it 100+ miles home...I don't think you can do that with an R6 or CBR without regretting it for a day or two.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:12 PM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
+1 track is where it's at!! Where in FLA. are you t-dogg? There are some decent tracks here and not bad prices to get on them, let me know where you're at and if you're interested I can point you in the right direction.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:37 PM
Superstock

t-dogg is on a distinguished road
I'm in Panama City. I've been to plenty of tracks including Jennings with the hawk and as fun as it is, the Drz can do it all also and is way more fun on the track minus the horse power obviously. I don't know if it's even worth selling the hawk for as little as they sell for used, and I can't stand the thought of some squid around here buying it and racing down the freeway.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:44 PM
SuperSport

matt365 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by t-dogg
I don't know if it's even worth selling the hawk for as little as they sell for used...

That pretty much sums up my reasoning right there.

I like riding something I can live without. If it were a $25,000 exotic... (hell, if it were a $10,000 bike, lol...) I'd be worried about it getting stolen, crashing it, etc...

Don't get me wrong, I like my bikes, but they're all about 10 years old; they owe me nothing.