General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Thanks Greg

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 07:41 AM
SuperSport

Stevebis1 is on a distinguished road
Thanks Greg

I just wanted to thank Greg (Hawkrider) for the time he spent with me Saturday rebuilding my forks, changing the front tire, tuning and syncing the carbs, adjusting the TPS and talking bikes all day.
If anyone here needs to be reminded, Greg is not only a great guy but an incredible resource. When I joined the forum last year, Greg recognized I was local to him and sought me out. I was relatively new to sport bikes and brand new to the Superhawk. I had all the newb questions and concerns. He was patient and offered great advice. We have ridden together and I found out my bike is faster than his! (ummm... he was riding my bike )
If anyone is wondering about his fork rebuilds - they are well worth it. With my forks set up for my weight and his help dialing in the shock (as best as possible) my Superhawk rides and tracks like a true sportbike. If I have any regrets it's that I did not have this done sooner. Spring seems a long way off...

So thanks for all the help Greg, and thanks for this great forum.

Last edited by Stevebis1; 10-14-2009 at 06:01 AM.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:51 PM
Superstock

alive226 is on a distinguished road
+1....I love my Greg built forks
Old 10-13-2009, 05:17 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Yup! He's built mine too and if you think the suspension guru stuff is bullshit you need to get close to a guy like Greg. I learned a long time ago that there were engine guys, suspension guys, tire guys, etc. Greg delivers the product.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:01 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Thanks guys! "Ain't nuttin' but a thang", as the saying goes. Just like working on bikes and helping out the Superhawk community.

And Steve, your bike is NOT faster than mine. You're geared down, and that's an obvious advantage. Pick a road brotha'. Just you and me.